NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Jan Gillespie
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptySun 28 Apr - 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptySat 27 Apr - 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !

Go down

Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  Empty Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !

Post  Ev Sun 20 Jun - 17:34

I'm not sure so I will ask the question here and hope to find an answer.
Whoever they are, they made a wide range of production domestic ware with this decoration.
I think the soft pink blush comes from copper in the decoration flying around in a reduction firing...
the work is finished beautifully.

Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  Dm_may11

and the mark ..... which looks like a D with an M inside to me ..
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  Dm_may12

a closer view of the mark..
Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  Dm_may13

Last edited by Ev on Wed 8 Dec - 15:36; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17734
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  Empty Re: Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !

Post  Ev Fri 26 Nov - 19:53

A thread on TradeMe collectors forum about this pottery has Ken Martin from Sunnyvale Pottery as the maker..... I will keep an eye on that thread, but want to put his name in here for later reference.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Martin - Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !  Empty Re: Have sussed out that this is made by Ken Martin !

Post  Ev Wed 8 Dec - 15:39

A friend has a salt pig with the same decoration and the mark is twice the size as it is on the piece that I have. The mark is very easy to see and matches Ken Martin in the Potters Marks book Very Happy

Sorted and I will now lock this topic Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum