NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard

3 posters

Go down

mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Empty Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard

Post  Ev Thu 13 Nov - 15:41

mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Zana_s15

Last edited by Ev on Mon 25 May - 13:50; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Empty Re: Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard

Post  Ev Sun 24 May - 18:01

Today I found an Army salt and pepper and a little lidded mustard pot that doesn't have a hole for a spoon.  I need to find a number for it now and I believe that Zana's pic above shows a lidded sugar that needs a number too.  
Too tired to look into it further today ....

Last edited by Ev on Mon 25 May - 13:50; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Empty Re: Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard

Post  Ev Mon 25 May - 11:44

Here they are and I'm really happy to have them in my collection.
Can anyone help with numbers for the mustard pot and lid and also Zana's lidded sugar pot too please ....

mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Nz_arm10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Empty And Val's army cup (I think) and saucer

Post  Maryr Mon 25 May - 15:59

I was given this a couple of years ago. A cup which has no handle - I was told that they were made without handles so they packed easily for transport.... but then again it could be a sugar bowl!  Whatever it fits very nicely on the saucer so I believe they do go together.
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Army_c10
mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Army_c11mustard - Zana's Army Jampot and Eggcup and my salt, pepper and lidded mustard Army_c12
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 25 May - 16:51

Ev, do correct me if I'm wrong.

Zana's shapes will be stacking hotel ware.
Sugar bowl 3623
Egg cup 3625

Zana's lid is not the lid for a stacking hotel sugar basin,1676, which has no spoon hole. Lid may not be CL.

As the egg cup was originally designed as an egg cup I don't fancy your chances of finding a lid for it. Use as a mustard bowl came later so if a lid was made for it then its number would be distant from the numbers of any other stacking hotel ware.

Thelma's "Four Piece Condiment Set", as illustrated on the box, contains salt, pepper, bowl, and jug, with the bowl being the eggcup shape:
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t1553-unknown-glaze-this-is-actually-greenstone#4357
As they are stackers you could always use pepper or salt for a lid.

Likewise Val's.
I don't see why not, for sugar bowl as cup. The stacking system allows a perfect fit on the saucer. I have seen "handleless cups" like this advertised on trademe so that's twice for that story.

Ev, love your new set. I'll poke around in the galleries to see what makes sense.

Even though the mustard has no cutout for a spoon it may still be a sugar bowl.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum