NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyYesterday at 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyYesterday at 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

Philomel mug number identification. This was made by Orzel.

2 posters

Go down

number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. Empty Philomel mug number identification. This was made by Orzel.

Post  Fine and Dandy Thu 14 Oct - 15:38

Hey there,

I picked this up recently but was needing a little help on the information!

From what I've gathered Philomel is a naval base, and Wardroom is a mess for officers aboard a warship.

Does anyone know the numbers of this particular piece? The glaze is quite thick and I can't make them out. It's almost like a beer mug, and the handle can fit all my fingers through it.
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. 20211010
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. 20211012
number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. 20211011

Fine and Dandy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-10-14

Back to top Go down

number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. Empty Re: Philomel mug number identification. This was made by Orzel.

Post  Ev Thu 14 Oct - 15:48

Hi there, this tankard was made by Orzel Pottery in Drury, South Auckland, New Zealand.

The Wardroom is the Officers Mess and can be onshore or on the ship.

This would have been made sometime between 1972 until sometime in the 1990's.

Sorry I can't make out those numbers. Hopefully someone else can.

The glaze in particular tells me that it was made by Orzel.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17740
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Maryr likes this post

Back to top Go down

number - Philomel mug number identification.  This was made by Orzel. Empty Re: Philomel mug number identification. This was made by Orzel.

Post  Fine and Dandy Thu 14 Oct - 16:07

You're absolutely right, I looked up Orzel and found a number of tankards that look like this!

Thanks for your help.

Fine and Dandy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-10-14

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum