NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptyToday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptyYesterday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark

2 posters

Go down

pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark Empty Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark

Post  HeatherMTaylor Thu 17 Mar - 18:59

Hi, I have a plate with 2 handles. I got it from my mum. It is marked on the back with a W inside a hand drawn line figure of a pot with a lid and round bauble on top of the lid. Around the mark is written CZECKO-SLOVAKIA in capital letters. Underneath is written 96/25 cm., and under that is 5886. The writing is by hand.

My phone is 022 581 5863. If you text me, I'll email you (it seems I'm not allowed to post my email address here for some reason). If you email me, I can send you a photo of the mark if you think you can identify it. I can't figure out how to upload images to this forum.

Since mum died in our first lockdown in 2020, I'd really like to know what I've got - her notes don't tell me.

Thank you.

Heather

HeatherMTaylor

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-03-17

Back to top Go down

pottery - Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark Empty Re: Please help me identify a Czechoslovakian pottery mark

Post  Ev Fri 18 Mar - 7:19

Hi, Heather, very sorry about your Mum and also sorry that I have no idea at all about your piece of pottery.
We only concentrate on New Zealand Pottery on this site.
However I think those numbers on the pot will help you to find what you are looking for as they will relate to the shape or design or something specific.
You will need to find a site that knows about CZECKO-SLOVAKIAN pottery.
Good luck and Google the name +the numbers and see what turns up.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum