NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with potter ID please?
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptySat 18 May 2024 - 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptySat 18 May 2024 - 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyFri 17 May 2024 - 18:52 by JanPots

» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyFri 17 May 2024 - 16:07 by Kat & Co.

» Oakley Lodge
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyFri 17 May 2024 - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyWed 15 May 2024 - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyWed 15 May 2024 - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyWed 15 May 2024 - 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier EmptyTue 14 May 2024 - 16:25 by signal red

Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

3 posters

Go down

blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Empty Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

Post  tonznz Fri 29 Apr 2022 - 12:47

Hi all. I'm just in Melbourne visiting my daughter. I popped into an op shop and found this motley blue glazed Aquila corked jug. It's been used by possibly a tea supplier in Australia so I assume they bought an order of these jugs for their business.
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Img20210
blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Img20211

tonznz

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-12-14

Ev and gloworm like this post

Back to top Go down

blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Empty Re: Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

Post  Ev Fri 29 Apr 2022 - 12:57

Thanks for sharing Smile

We were also sent a photo of another that was found in NSW, so Aquila must have exported quite a few.
Nice colour I must add.
Here is the other we were sent:
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t6144-aquila-new-zealand-corked-jar#23933
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17755
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

tonznz likes this post

Back to top Go down

blue - Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier Empty Re: Aquila corked jug blue branded with Australian tea supplier

Post  Maryr Thu 5 May 2022 - 15:51

Wow thank you for that pic from Oz.
I have one of these and now I know who they were made for.  Mine has the same aquila mark impressed into the base.
Mine is a shiny mid-brown. same colour as the other one on this site.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2011-11-17

tonznz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum