NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyWed 15 May - 8:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyWed 15 May - 5:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyTue 14 May - 19:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyTue 14 May - 4:25 by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyMon 13 May - 20:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - was made by John Ing
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyMon 13 May - 10:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyMon 13 May - 10:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptyMon 13 May - 0:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? EmptySun 12 May - 23:06 by Ev

Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think?

2 posters

Go down

teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? Empty Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think?

Post  KandK Thu 20 Oct - 7:55

teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? Petra_10

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/other-nz-manufacturers/listing/3821962170

This is being sold on Trade Me (20/10/22) as a Petra Teapot. Questions have been asked about how the seller can identify it as Petra.
They comment 'The glaze the feel the art work, no stamps cheers'
The base of the pot is painted and there is no stamp.
I have an extensive Petra collection and have never seen this paint design, style of t-pot or Petra painted on the base before.

Just wonder what others think?

KandK

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-01-19

Back to top Go down

teapot - Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think? Empty Re: Is this a Petra teapot, what do you think?

Post  Ev Thu 20 Oct - 17:29

I noticed that teapot when it was listed and couldn't place it as Petra's work.
Though the trader has a question mark in the listing so they are not really sure.
Traders only want to hear good news about their listings.
I would scroll on as the trader suggests.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum