NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~

2 posters

Go down

tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ Empty Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~

Post  Ev Thu 7 Oct - 18:05

I've seen this pattern name many times on the database and envisaged water, tapa cloth and palm trees
and was quite surprised to see what the pattern really looked like lolzzz
Too bad about the sticker that has stuck fast and I don't have time to remove it!

tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ Kon_ti10

and the backstamp..
tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ Kon_ti11

Last edited by Ev on Wed 17 Jul - 14:58; edited 3 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ Empty Re: Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~

Post  Ev Thu 1 Dec - 13:29

Popped in to the same place where I got the plate above today and found....
another plate with the same pattern as above AND one that has ....
Kelston Ceramics
Penzance
D232
as the backstamp! So I hope this pattern is Penzance D232 .....!

Edits:
I just searched the site for Penzance and this came up ...
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t1607-penzance-d232?highlight=penzance
so I guess it's not this pattern either affraid

Last edited by Ev on Tue 17 Jan - 15:56; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

tiki - Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~ Empty Re: Kon Tiki, Penzance, Carissima backstamps on this pattern and it isn't any of these!!!! ~

Post  Marl474 Fri 2 Dec - 8:45

Hi Ev, this pattern is definitely not Penzance, the Penzance photo in the gallery as supplied by me is. Somewhere on this site I had a conversation with you about the above pattern, which I had a copy of backstamped Carrissima. It is not Carrissima, Penzance or Kon Tiki, someone must have been having fun with the stamps on the day these were processed! cheers Marl
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 2 Dec - 9:04

So this pattern has 3 different backstamps so far and none of them are correct :thud:
Yes a bad day for someone in the backstamping dept ..... !
I guess these pieces would have gone into the seconds shops then Laughing
Also we still don't know what this pattern is called do we?!!!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 17 Jan - 12:39

Found this pattern today in an auction, but it has a Fabrique background and is called Whispering Leaves ....
http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/other-nz-manufacturers/auction-440475062.htm
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Tue 17 Jan - 14:39

The same leaves but maybe a little bigger. The other ones I have seen are on apollo bases.
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum