NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi

+7
Goldielocks
Maryr
Marl474
mumof1
TonyK
Ev
HeatherT
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi

Post  Ev Sun 15 Feb - 19:18

Today I went to an Antiques Fair with one thing in mind and that was to find a Crown Lynn Kiwi.  How exciting to see what looked like a Crown Lynn Kiwi and I pounced on it and bought it right away, never mind that they didn't have a tape measure and neither did I.  Stall holders jaw dropped when I told him that it looked like the Crown Lynn Kiwi ....... :O2laugh:  No marks on the base on this one so I was very hopeful.

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Kiwi_s10

This is the other side ... his beak looks so weird from this view!
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Kiwi_s11

and the base ...
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Kiwi_b10

Get home and measure my treasure and it's around 8cm high which makes it a Studio Ceramics Kiwi .... bah humbug, but I'm pleased to have found him as I know that I will recognise the real deal when I see it Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Empty Re: Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi

Post  haselnuss Mon 16 Feb - 8:41

Ev, I know that feeling! But never mind as you said it will help you to find the real deal.
There are these really small tape measure bands that come with Christmas crackers which would be ideal to fit in a hand bag. Or just cut a normal size one to about 40 or 50cm to make it smaller. Just an idea.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 7 May - 9:23

I have found the measurements for the Crown Lynn Kiwi - 76mm x 100 long.
Now all we have to do is to find one Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Empty Unglazed kiwi

Post  dollcrown Fri 8 May - 17:25

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Kiwi_110Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Kiwi_111

Re Shanx's kiwi. I have this unglazed kiwi which is exactly the same as the olive green kiwi photographed by TonyK on Sun, Feb 5th.

The beak is slimmer and doesn't go right to the front edge like the others, and directly below the eye is a fern frond on the base which the others don't have.

Does someone know who made which please?

The base is about 100mm long by 58mm at the widest. 80mm high, which is Studio Ceramics??

dollcrown

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Sat 9 May - 12:08

I just had look on Google to find out if it could be a Hobby Ceramics greenware or bisque. So far I haven't found your white Kiwi shape.

But I found a Sylvac Kiwi that looks like the C/L Kiwi with vase.
http://www.stylendesign.co.uk/guidepages/archive/carchivemaster2.html
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Mon 11 Jul - 10:10

There is a listing at the moment for a kiwi http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1120945762 auction 1120945762 ut the measurements are wrong aren't they?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 11 Jul - 10:22

Yes the measurements don't add up and the form is different too.  I checked it out yesterday as I got excited thinking it may be the ONE.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 30 Aug - 19:00

I give up .... is this the Crown Lynn 2151 Small Kiwi?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/other/auction-1152233632.htm
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 31 Aug - 7:28

The clay is very white isn't it?it looks like it was painted rather than glazed, and the base is terribly finished...
I don't know about this one.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  sid Sun 4 Sep - 11:32

This Kiwi looks closer to the sketch that is in the gallery.
Not numbered and measures 76mm H by 98mm long.  
Could it be the missing Kiwi?

Sid

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 P1060210
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 P1060211
Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 P1060212

sid

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Huonpine Tue 2 Jan - 14:12

Hi sid. Did you get to the bottom of who made your kiwi figure that you suggested was the “missing kiwi” I have one of the same model with a retailers label to base “Carlton Jewellery, 44 Willis street, Wellington NZ”

Huonpine

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Huonpine Tue 2 Jan - 14:14

Shanx's Kiwi, Studio Ceramics Kiwi and Crown Lynn Kiwi - Page 2 Img_3710

Huonpine

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-01-02

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 3 Jan - 11:32

Hi everyone, this last Kiwi was made in Japan. Cheers Ev

https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/1051031958/1920s-japan-majolica-ceramic-kiwi-bird?fbclid=IwAR2WH9tslZMSuPzhsVgO9X9ULNzgzWfWirunEFy4j5QMjG_A2hOh0NJraV4
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum