NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863

+4
Jonno
DaSiEm
mrnarna
Ev
8 posters

Go down

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Empty Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863

Post  Ev Sun 17 Apr - 17:14

An interesting pattern that I haven't come across before.
Would really like to see the whole pattern ..... sometime.
The Database has Tradition 613 and Tradition Brown 733 [Tradition Blue is 734]
Will have to wait for more info to work out which one this is.
No backstamp photo ..... none today it seems  Embarassed

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Tradit10

Last edited by Ev on Sun 1 Mar - 12:12; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Empty Re: Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863

Post  mrnarna Mon 18 Apr - 4:09

ive got it in brown and blue will dig it out for ya asap

.................tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Crownlynn0304

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Crownlynn0301
mrnarna
mrnarna

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2010-05-04

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/mrnarna/

Back to top Go down

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Empty Re: Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863

Post  Ev Mon 18 Apr - 18:12

Well thank you narna :bowdown:
I do declare that the pattern is Tradition Brown d733
and narna's blue one is Tradition Blue d734 bounce
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Sat 21 May - 19:43

Thank you for posting this. I was lucky enough to purchase this set last week and was hoping to find the name of this pattern. Until then, I had never seen the design. It's my new favourite...

Here's a pic...tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 M9ddh4
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 22 May - 8:37

Are there any backstamps on your set DaSiEm ?
I meant to ask mrnarna this question as well .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Sun 22 May - 9:28

Mine are double stamped with an 'Apollo GENUINE NEW ZEALAND IRONSTONE' stamp and another with a house surrounded by the words 'MADE IN NEW ZEALAND TRADITION' stamp. I had a breeze through some of the other plates in the set and they vary regarding the Apollo stamp. Is that normal? Not very savvy with the backstamps...

Photo to come this afternoon...

Last edited by DaSiEm on Sun 22 May - 19:24; edited 1 time in total
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 22 May - 13:17

The backstamps on Crown Lynn are a topic unto themselves Wink
I'm trying to work out which is the Tradition 613 .......
The saucer at the top has the house with Tradition Made In New Zealand on the base.
My pattern is quite dark and has browns in it too.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Sun 22 May - 20:36

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 S7303912

This is the best I could do I'm afraid. You can see the dark brown Tradition stamp with a house in the centre and the green 'Apollo' on a different angle with 'Genuine New Zealand Ironstone' beneath it.

DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Empty re Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand

Post  Jonno Thu 12 Apr - 18:24

Here is another photo to add to this thread. Whilst all of the flatware has an Apollo backstamp under the Tradition design this cup that I scored today does not, no doubt, as most cups back in Apollo days at least , were not back stamped. Also, although Ev has given a design number d734 to the Blue version it is not apparent in this example and there is another bit of Crown Lynn sleight of hand it seems to me in that Cottage Brown 33020 & Blue (I don't have the #) are shown as the body designs in some of he sample pictured. The cup designs look similar but are not and the cup back stamp is another architectural style again. Clever design, as at first glance they all look as variations of the original English village with thatched cottages and a steeple in the background.
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Img_1640tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Img_1641

Last edited by Jonno on Thu 12 Apr - 18:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add further information re design)
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 15 Apr - 23:01

DaSiEm wrote:tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 S7303912

This is the best I could do I'm afraid. You can see the dark brown Tradition stamp with a house in the centre and the green 'Apollo' on a different angle with 'Genuine New Zealand Ironstone' beneath it.

I've got a tradition plate with this double backstamp - will see if I can get a decent photo tomorrow.
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Empty Tradition in Orange

Post  Kat & Co. Fri 20 Feb - 13:16

A dinner plate in Orange Colour..genuine ironstone newzealand mark on back cat
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Orange10
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 21 Feb - 10:38

This could be cottage Orange - I will have to search my data to find if that correct.
Edits; nope not that as I don't see a pattern called cottage orange in the notes.

Last edited by JanPots on Sun 1 Mar - 11:51; edited 1 time in total
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Thu 27 Feb - 20:42

I have a Tradition in very dark brown only (no caramel dual colour) on Apollo, with a Genuine Ironstone stamp. What would this be then please?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 28 Feb - 16:47

This may be one that we are missing called Cottage Scene d883 which is a Tradition pattern on Apollo Anne, but we really need a photo to check it out.
There are other Cottage Apollo patterns that look like Tradition.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 28 Feb - 19:51

tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Dsc00911
This is the plate
tradition - Tradition ................ Made In New Zealand, plus Hamlet Brown d863 Dsc00910
and the base sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 1 Mar - 9:56

Thanks and Janice and I will look at this today Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 1 Mar - 12:12

We have agreed that this is Hamlet Brown d863 as it has a dark brown pattern in 400/3 Brown.
It is rather odd to see that this pattern has pumpkin colour glaze Apollo cups that go with it affraid
We don't have this pattern in the Gallery, so I will add it now.
Many thanks cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sun 1 Mar - 14:49

Thank you to both of you. Another one solved! sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum