NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 EmptyToday at 8:48 by Ev

Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia Brown D521

3 posters

Go down

brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 Empty Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia Brown D521

Post  Marl474 Tue 26 Jul - 16:34

brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 Brown_10
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 Empty Re: Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia Brown D521

Post  Ev Fri 9 Oct - 17:28

Here you go Janice and how wonderful that you could see this as Arcadia..... I couldn't for the life of me and even now I see similarities, but ...... it's all pixelated !!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

brown - Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia  Brown D521 Empty Re: Another new purchase, no name ~ Arcadia Brown D521

Post  JanPots Fri 9 Oct - 19:19

I saw it and thought wow!! then on my way home the penny dropped that the pattern looked familiar ! That Its the same pattern as Maize - Very Happy
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Fri 9 Oct - 19:36

EV... Just thinking... at the Auckland Museum, the patterns book has the A to Z index, of pattern names, but not all of the patterns are in that book.  But this one for example is in the A-Z list at Auckland museum but the paperwork is at the portage Trust. So working on that theory hopefully... the portage musuem may have the rest.???

Photo moved from no-names to Arcadia Brown
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 9 Oct - 20:00

I thought that the Auckland Museum pattern records went up to 400 and something and this lot followed on numerically .....? Tom Clark and Chris Harvey gave all of those records to the Auckland Museum in 1984 and the Portage ones were salvaged by Richard Quinn in 1989ish. Hard to figure out really.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum