NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers)

5 posters

Go down

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Empty Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers)

Post  mrnarna Sat 30 Jul - 17:35

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Autsplen

Added some more pieces including a better condition gravy boat and the following pieces

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Dsc0081aq

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Dsc0084rg

Last edited by mrnarna on Sun 22 Jan - 10:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added items)
mrnarna
mrnarna

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2010-05-04

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/mrnarna/

Back to top Go down

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Empty Re: Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers)

Post  Ev Sat 30 Jul - 18:02

What a delight to see all of this pattern together as one set ......
Well done mrnarna Cool
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Empty Re: Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers)

Post  Marl474 Sun 31 Jul - 15:12

Great set mrnarna, I use this pattern as my everyday set. I love the gravy boat, great shape I haven't seen one like that before. Cheers, marl
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mrnarna Sun 31 Jul - 16:04

agreed about the shape of gravy jug and I havent seen one since.

mrnarna
mrnarna

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Mon 26 Sep - 14:08

I have a gravy boat in that shape with the Shasta Daisy pattern on it. It is the only jug I have in this shape. Cool to see the Autumn Splendour on one.

mrnarna: when you say 'new' s & p shakers, are these newly acquired or were they they later design of the shakers? I have them but in a different shape. Was hoping someone knew the shape numbers and any history on the shakers...I've never seen ones with the brown tops before.

My latest addition to my AS set is the sugar bowl and I can not wait to get some egg cups for this set.

Very, very cool mrnarna.

DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mrnarna Wed 28 Sep - 6:44

The salt and pepper shakers are/were newly aquired
As for which shape came first I'm not completely sure. The brown top ones are cook and serve. I also have the tapered ones as well.
mrnarna
mrnarna

Back to top Go down

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Empty My collection of Autumn Splendour jugs

Post  Marl474 Wed 26 Oct - 14:17

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Jugs10
Hi mrnarna, thought you might like to see my jug collection including the coveted gravy boat and saucer which I acquired recently! cheers, marl
Marl474
Marl474

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Wed 26 Oct - 14:40

That is really impressive. There are a couple of jugs I've never seen before...very cool Marl.
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Wed 26 Oct - 16:50

Thanks!
Marl474
Marl474

Back to top Go down

Post  mrnarna Thu 27 Oct - 15:54

ohh i just love them all especially the 6055
very impressive collection Marl.
My Autumn Splendour has grown since the last pic was taken. it is now nearly complete 8 serving setting at just under 90 pieces

Ill up a new pic asap

mrnarna
mrnarna

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Thu 27 Oct - 15:56

mrnarna wrote:ohh i just love them all especially the 6055

Which one is the 6055? Is that the one on the far right?
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  mrnarna Thu 27 Oct - 16:02

bulbous one left rear
like the Ballins jug
mrnarna
mrnarna

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Thu 27 Oct - 16:07

mrnarna wrote:bulbous one left rear
like the Ballins jug

Cool...and where would one find a photo of the Ballins...(yep, completely ignorant...:/)
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  mrnarna Thu 27 Oct - 16:32

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/other-nz-manufacturers/auction-417885690.htm

here
mrnarna
mrnarna

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 27 Oct - 16:42

I've been thinking that we need to identify all of the Crown Lynn jugs,
as they made so many and they all have numbers ....
I've never seen the Ballins shaped jug in the Autumn Splendour pattern before!
The one on the right was a Titian shape that Crown Lynn took over by my reckoning.
Very impressive Marl !
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Thu 27 Oct - 16:47

On that note, maybe the CL cups as well Ev. I have a nice collection of them but the shapes completely throw me...I mean, they would all be named / identifiable right?

That's a cool jug re: Ballins. Very cool...
DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  mrnarna Thu 27 Oct - 16:55

ooooo i feel some photos are in order

Smile :narna:
mrnarna
mrnarna

Back to top Go down

Post  DaSiEm Thu 27 Oct - 17:01

I can get photos of the cups I have tomorrow as I have some specific questions. I've had people come around and point at a cup and call it the most strangest thing, to the point where they were even gender specific...

That's not correct, is it?

DaSiEm
DaSiEm

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Thu 27 Oct - 17:36

Thank you all. I love Autumn Splendour and use it every day, not the jugs though! Must count how many pieces I have. Good idea to identify all of the jugs. I would like to see all of the cup shapes identified as it is very hard to make them out in the shapes gallery. Just a thought. cheers, marl
Marl474
Marl474

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 25 May - 8:34

Marl474 wrote:splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Jugs10
Hi mrnarna, thought you might like to see my jug collection including the coveted gravy boat and saucer which I acquired recently! cheers, marl

Hi Marl, it looks like there will be some four digit jugs in this lovely lot that we don't have in the Jugs Gallery yet ...... Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Fri 25 May - 8:39

Will do it this afternoon, I am sure there are some there. Cheers, marl
Marl474
Marl474

Back to top Go down

splendour - Updated Autumn Splendour (including the new Salt and pepper shakers) Empty re Updated Autumn Splendour

Post  Jonno Fri 25 May - 15:48

Wow! Marl that is amazing.
All I can say is JUGGERNAUT Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum