NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo EmptyToday at 8:48 by Ev

Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo

3 posters

Go down

thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo Empty Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo

Post  Marl474 Sat 29 Oct - 14:27

thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo Vinewo12
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo Empty Re: Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo

Post  Ev Sun 30 Oct - 7:26

Oh another pattern that I haven't seen before!!
Thanks Marl cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo Empty Vinewood/Dorothy Thorpe Pairing?

Post  Lady Mondegreens Comfits Tue 19 Feb - 11:16

I have about ten of these Vinewood saucers with a grey print. They have always been stored - not all used mind you - with ten cups, which I realised after visiting the Crown Lynn exhibition in Wgtn, were the Dorothy Thorpe-Mark Cleverly 'Pine' cups. I thought that my mother, who habitually bought up sale remnants must have just matched them together, especially as the grey colour didn't really jell with the exquisite 'Pine' blues. Until I started seeing similar combinations on Trade Me, including one a couple of weeks ago with marked 'Palm Springs' cups on brown printed saucers. Seeing Marl's lovely blue version, I wonder if this is the colour that should go with the Pine cups. It seems to me that this was a way of re-issuing in a more populist way, the surplus Dorothy Thorpe cups. I haven't seen other pieces in the Vinewood pattern, but if the D number has been noted it is presumably on bigger items?
I have matched one of the saucers with a 'Vintage' cup of the same shape for listing on Trade Me, and it is a very snug fit (accompanying cup broken!)

Lady Mondegreens Comfits

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

thorpe - Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo Empty Re: Vinewood d 471 for the gallery I don't have a pic of backstamp but it is my photo

Post  Ev Tue 19 Feb - 18:27

Thanks for letting us know that there is a pattern like Vinewood in grey Lady MC Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 3 Mar - 13:25

Found that I have this pattern in green ...... but it just has the Genuine Ironstone backstamp.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mondegreens Comfits Sun 3 Mar - 16:52

The palette broadens. I have just picked up at a dump shop, a cup without markings (other than Made in NZ) that seems like the Pine ones, but with a matt olive greeny brown outer and a softer speckly green inner. Maybe your green Vinewood was designed for it.

Lady Mondegreens Comfits

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum