NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561

2 posters

Go down

Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 Empty Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561

Post  Ev Sun 12 Feb - 16:37

Marl posted one of these in brown tonings and I will add her photo to compare it to.

The Avondale Selection - a warm speckly background with yellow and brown flowers ... a common theme from the retro era Wink

Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 Very_r10
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 No_nam27
Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 No_nam28

Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 No_nam11

Last edited by Ev on Sun 26 Aug - 16:58; edited 3 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 Empty Re: Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561

Post  Marl474 Sun 12 Feb - 21:40

Wow! I have never seen that colourway before!
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561 Empty Re: Very retro yellow and brown flowers ~ Is Melrose d561

Post  Ev Sun 12 Aug - 14:41

Eeeeeek I believe this pattern is called Melrose d561 and will check it out next visit to the Crown Lynn Museum.

I travel the internet holding hands with my friend Serendipity I love you
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 26 Aug - 17:02

The Crown Lynn Museum has a boxed set of this pattern and translated the writing on the box as Mr L Rose 561.  Today I was lucky enough to have Sandra Ward check this out for me with her Crown Lynn Museum experience, as Ronnie the new Director couldn't locate the box.  How exciting was it to see her find the box and that it read Melrose 561 which matched the Database !!
So now we have another pattern identified at last Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum