NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing

+3
mumof1
cyrd
Cat-a-lat
7 posters

Go down

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Empty More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 19 Feb - 21:26

Grrr at people who close your tabs while you're uploading your new post with 4 photos.

This is just about all that remains of a lovely set of footed mugs Sad wih NZ stamped on the base along with this mark:
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc08525

Plus one i got at the market this morning for 50c:
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc08526

This is the only mark I could find on the base of my white slab vase:marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc08527

and the vase it is from:marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc08528
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Empty John Ing's studio

Post  cyrd Thu 2 Apr - 13:13

I have wine dispenser with Ing's usual mark. The matching goblets all have that mark plus NZ on the opposite side of the foot rim base so presume he made them too. I have a jug with only his label and have seen many small well made pots with the mark featured.

cyrd

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Empty Lookey lookey Cat-a-lat

Post  mumof1 Fri 18 Aug - 15:18

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc07118
I agree with cryd. This flask has 8 cups with it
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc07119
all have the same mark, and glaze
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc07121
The base of the flask is most definitely John Ing, so there you go!
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Dsc07120
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Empty Re: More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 18 Aug - 20:45

I remember the marks but not the pots they belonged to and my photos seem to be missing in action!
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Empty Re: More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing

Post  mumof1 Fri 18 Aug - 21:38

They are still in the no names gallery though. So, do we have a consensus that we can put this mark into the marks gallery as ING, or do we need more evidence?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyrd Sat 19 Aug - 3:27

I wouldn't think so. It doesn't seem likely someone else at the Ing's pottery would be stamping their mark on his work!!! I wish I had the ability to post such superb pics! Sad

cyrd

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sat 19 Aug - 12:56

I think your pics are great, I just had a squizz at them, we collect similar items, or do you mean the close up shots? I use an old point & shoot, but it has the best macro I have ever seen, when it goes. There is a problem with the motor and it shakes and shudders more than it shoots, but I can be patient when it comes to pottery.

Last edited by mumof1 on Sat 19 Aug - 12:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Empty Mark confirmed as Ing !

Post  mumof1 Fri 25 Aug - 8:38

:party: I made a phone call a few days ago, and talked to Kathleen Ing. She confirmed that years ago they used to stamp smaller items with this stamp. So there you go, and good sleuthing cryd. :party:
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyrd Fri 25 Aug - 8:42

Great! I thought they were both dead but should have known better considering the greater longevity of ladies!!

cyrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 10 Dec - 11:55

More Ing work courtesy of the Ferret:

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Ing_se10

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Ing_jo10

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing Ing_jo11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  M.V.retro Wed 13 Dec - 6:22

mumof1 wrote::party: I made a phone call a few days ago, and talked to Kathleen Ing. She confirmed that years ago they used to stamp smaller items with this stamp. So there you go, and good sleuthing cryd. :party:
This is great as I have often seen that small mark on pottery and never knew who made them,but what is it...a bow tie?

M.V.retro

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  gloworm Wed 13 Dec - 8:54

It looks a bit like an alien with big ears Laughing
gloworm
gloworm

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Collectible Mon 7 Aug - 21:23

marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing 20230814
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing 20230813
marks - More mystery (to me) marks including John and Kathleen Ing 20230815

Collectible

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-04-08

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum