NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis

+5
Kat & Co.
Cat-a-lat
Banker
Ev
Thelma
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Empty kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis

Post  Thelma Sun 15 Apr - 23:08

Another Apollo variant for the gallery

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Hazel111

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Hazel110
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Empty Re: kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis

Post  Ev Wed 18 Apr - 6:21

Thanks Thelma Smile
I've seen this pattern listed on Trademe, but have never come across a piece in my travels.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Empty Re: kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis

Post  Banker Sun 6 May - 14:49

Oddly, I have the same pattern on a saucer and it's called Clematis!
Banker
Banker

Number of posts : 98
Location : Nelson in my little cottage with hubby Jeremy (my name is Gemma)
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 6 May - 16:10

Yes, Clematis is the same, but is an all over pattern on the 'shallow' shaped ware in soft muted tones ....
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Tableware-Patterns/A-B-C-D/clematis-patno141-pic_2289.htm

There is also a pumpkin colour in this pattern as well, though I don't think I know the pattern name? Think that I've seen a yellow one too ...?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Banker Sun 6 May - 19:00

I definitely had the colour your picture had on an Apollo bowl. I would swear it wasn't called Hazel. I do still have two saucers with the pattern going right to the edge as per your photo though.

So confusing when they have similar patterns with different names!
Banker
Banker

Number of posts : 98
Location : Nelson in my little cottage with hubby Jeremy (my name is Gemma)
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 6 May - 21:50

I have a couple of clematis saucers in an olive shade - does seem funny to give two botanical names to the same pattern confused
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Empty Clematis in different colours

Post  Ev Wed 30 May - 14:32

Well the pumpkin coloured one is called Petula d255 and has Pumpkin colour glazed cups shape 3019 Smile Just need to find one now Wink
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Empty Hazel or Clematis in Yellow

Post  Kat & Co. Fri 16 Aug - 9:22

This is on Rim side plate, with no name just
Genuine Ironstone by Crown Lynn New Zealand
plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Yellow10
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 16 Aug - 10:10

Ev wrote:Well the pumpkin coloured one is called Petula d255  and has Pumpkin colour glazed cups shape 3019 Smile Just need to find one now Wink
Is it the cup you want or a picture for the patterns gallery?
I have some plates in the orange version, which I guess is pumpkin.
(The only mark is ironstone.)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 16 Aug - 12:12

It's the plate with the orange clematis pattern that we are after Jeremy. Though now I will have to try and find the names for these other ones.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Tue 17 Sep - 11:48

Question  Petula d255   - Is that the pumpkin coloured clematis with or without the white rim? All mine are without the white rim, much nicer in my opinion  Very Happy 
There is a cup & saucer listed with Sandy, betaziod on TM - Is that what you are after? Janice

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/cups-saucers/auction-637413135.htm

Last edited by JanPots on Wed 5 Feb - 14:59; edited 1 time in total
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 17 Sep - 18:31

Yes it is the right colour, though I had to remove the photo as it breaks copyrights.
The link works fine though.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Tue 17 Sep - 18:54

I can never get the url to work ....
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Empty For the Gallery Petula d255

Post  JanPots Tue 31 Dec - 21:16

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Dinner16
Me thinks this could be Petula d255-It says Tan on the Patterns book.. Is that the same as Pumpkin? I had this all along Opps! I bought it years ago from Mr Raynor in Thames -- I was at the museum Library today, took over 500 photos ( I am such a geek !!)  Razz
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 1 Jan - 7:04

Good on you Janice  :clap: 
Yes Tan is the orangey colour.
You have to get used to their terminology and I prefer to use it now.
I still have a list of patterns to sort out and will ask for your help.
I will be going to the Museum again shortly, now that all of the festivities are over.

Thanks yes that is Petula Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 1 Jan - 9:25

Ev.. from looking at the paperwork yesterday, I have seen a few that I can name... shall I PM you, with a list?
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 1 Jan - 9:40

If you mean you can identify some patterns in the No Names Gallery, you can do it on the site as each pic in the Gallery has a link to the topic where it was first posted and you can add the name there.  This is exciting bounce
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 1 Jan - 10:39

Think so... but I would like a second opinion LOL - I want to understand the numbering system for glaze colour's first and double check that I have the correct shape plate.. I think I am onto it, but just want to be sure.
On that note.. I had 2 questions about cups shapes and sent a message from the gallery ( at the base of the page.. Me thinks that never came through?)
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Shapes-with-Four-Digits/Cups-3000-3650/3050-pic_4189.htm
and
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Shapes-Gallery/800-to-881/832-pic_1897.htm
If you get a chance can you have a look-- cheers  Smile
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 1 Jan - 10:58

Oh wow, there is nothing to alert me to messages in the Galleries.  I only find them by accident or if the poster alerts me to them.  It's actually better to ask questions in the main forum where everyone can find them.

3050 and 3051 can be found in the pattern records, but I haven't found any difference between them.  They are posted in the cups/mugs topic.

Oh wow, at last somebody else thinks that the 832 is the so called fat bottomed cup.
Although most of the 800's are vitrified ware ...... I have another possible number somewhere ..... just a sec and I will edit it in
832 ..... just says obsolete .... which would have been added later and I don't think that shape was made after 1964 when the four digits came in.... do you?
859 ..... records say small coffee cup which means it could be the small fatbum!!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 1 Jan - 11:17

832 is pre 1964 - I think it could be the yellow check one.
I will look into it further, as there is the demitasse cup as well which seem to have the "fat bum" shape also.. and similar bases... perhaps the fat bum is a difference number? One of the books has all the shapes number from that era.. I got some of it photocopied but only got to see it 10 minutes before I was due to leave.. so couldn't get my head around it quick enough LOL
edit... The book talks of 781 cups -- umm number sequence does not follow dates, I am rambling now LOL
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 1 Jan - 11:26

781 is the so called Tulip ..... rambling is fine as I do it all of the time Smile
By the way the records show that they called the 752 shape a Tulip .... hard case  Laughing 
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 5 Feb - 15:01

I can't see the yellow version of clematis in the gallery, I will upload it to the No names.. Photo courtesy of Kat & Co  Razz 
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

plate - kelston Ceramics Hazel and Petula d255, Panama d436 and other coloured clematis Empty Clematis Oyster on low Sol D.214

Post  JanPots Mon 24 Nov - 11:33

Clematis Oyster on low Sol D.214
In the musuem notes - it reads that it uses the same size plates and "oyster" coloured 3019 cups, as Clematis D141
But the colour shows 435/4 - which is the same green colour that Galatia and Spring-wood  uses.

So I guess, Clematis Oyster on low Sol D.214 is a deeper shade of green that the more popular Clematis D141

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t2613-no-name-green-and-white-check-is-galatia-d134?highlight=galatia
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t2338-springwood-green-d116-green-daisies-on-apollo?highlight=springwood
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 17 Apr - 7:36

I found two Hazel plates yesterday.... didn't need them as we already have the pattern, but I just can't help myself when it comes to pristine hardly used Crown Lynn. Is it an obsession? Truthfully I would like to get every bit of Crown Lynn dinnerware that I set my eyes on and store it like Gollum and his treasure!! I have so many fights with my ego about this it's a wonder people can't hear me arguing with myself about it in opshops!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Fri 17 Apr - 7:53

Do I know that feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum