NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Is this Benhar/McSkimming? No it's Temuka and Orzel.

5 posters

Go down

temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Empty Is this Benhar/McSkimming? No it's Temuka and Orzel.

Post  Glenys Wed 28 Nov - 20:34

I think this is the McSkimming mark that has not impressed properly. Can you assist?
The shapes look Benhar to me.
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Img_9421temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Img_9422temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Img_9423temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Img_9424
The bottom of the salt pig is distinctive and I saw some other pots with this scraping on the bottom. It appears to have been cast in two pieces.
temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Img_9425

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Empty Re: Is this Benhar/McSkimming? No it's Temuka and Orzel.

Post  Ev Wed 28 Nov - 21:47

The top jug looks like a Temuka shape and glaze to me.
The salt pig looks like Orzel's work and glaze .... and that base is just dreadful !!!
Maybe someone else can add more info ?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

temuka - Is this Benhar/McSkimming?  No it's Temuka and Orzel. Empty Re: Is this Benhar/McSkimming? No it's Temuka and Orzel.

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 4 Jul - 10:35

Ev, I agree with you on both of these. I don't have much Temuka but that certainly looks like them. The grinding on the base of the Orzel salt pig is nothing out of the ordinary. I see plenty like that. You'd think they could have found a tidier way to clean up.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Fri 4 Jul - 13:12

Hi, I have a Driftwood jug exactly the same shape as the one above, with the typical Temuka stoneware circular mark which is discernable, even though half of the mark is missing. Those marks were usually stamped on over the top of the glaze and were not very hardy. Also, a lot of Temuka dinnerware had just a stamped number, not sure why.
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Fri 4 Jul - 16:30

Thelma do you know if this jug had a matching saucer? I have one in a box somewhere, it is such a lovely shape.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Fri 4 Jul - 21:13

Hi Maryr, This jug fits nicely on the saucers that the large latte cups come with. I have a set of those cups and saucers in the cupboard that we use for soup as they hold a decent amount.
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum