NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptyToday at 19:37 by Maryr

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptyToday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptyYesterday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true?

4 posters

Go down

Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? Empty Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true?

Post  mumof1 Fri 5 Apr - 8:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I saw this auction, and thought 'they got their info from our site I bet' and also found it funny that Manos was famous! They obviously don't know about the subject. But after viewing the photos, I then found it a little disturbing Suspect , as I am sure they are the same as this posting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , right down to the position of the fluff on the base and the white octagonal object on the left. They look to me like they have been copied. Does anyone else agree? Is this allowed?

Last edited by mumof1 on Fri 5 Apr - 8:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed detail)
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? Empty Re: Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true?

Post  Glenys Fri 5 Apr - 9:28

Who sent in the photo of the flamingoes for the web site?
If it is their own photo - then why not use it? Very Happy

If it isn't their own photo then that's illegal and something we are very careful about, always getting permission before adding photos from T Me to our site. Evil or Very Mad
I intend to use the same photo I've sent to the forum when I get around to selling some bits and pieces. sunny

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Aquila - Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true? Empty Re: Aquila Flamingo pair Auction - Doesn't ring true?

Post  mumof1 Fri 5 Apr - 9:50

I don't think you understand Glenys. The photo on our site was sent by, or for Manos. The auction that has now appeared all this time later, is not listed by Manos.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 5 Apr - 10:57

Should someone enlighten the seller and point out manos is a member here? And query whether permission was granted to use the photo of the base?
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 5 Apr - 11:16

I have sent Manos an e-mail regarding this, and he agrees that 2 are his photos, and they should have asked before using them. He is investigating.

Last edited by mumof1 on Fri 5 Apr - 14:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 5 Apr - 17:34

The majority of people who use the internet have no idea about copyright and copy anything and everything! I agree with Manos that it is common courtesy to ask for permission of the photo owner to use their photo. The rules are that the person who uses the photo should acknowledged the owner when it is used. This you will find all over the site from Manos to the Auckland Museum.
I've only followed this up a couple of times where site pics have turned up without permission and the people are usually very embarrassed to say the least.
As this is ever so widespread, I can see a time in the future when copyright will be out-dated and some other form of acknowledgement will occur.

Edits to add ...... How hilarious to find out that this is the Aquila site!!!
When I saw this auction yesterday they said the flamingos were Crown Lynn Aquila Rolling Eyes
I didn't notice the pics were from Manos, but did notice the strange photo cropping if that's what you call it.... and I rolled on by scratch
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 5 Apr - 18:34

Just wondering if this trader even has the second flamingo?
If so why did he have to use the pic from Manos ..... aaaeeeee?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 5 Apr - 19:00

according to their answer, the photos of the flamingos themselves are the sellers own, but (as we knew already) not the one of the base.
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 5 Apr - 19:50

Thanks Cat, I need a level, logical head around more often than not some days....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 5 Apr - 20:02

What I don't understand, is that if the photo of the two flamingos is theirs, why not take their own photo at the same time, of the base? Still a bit Suspect suspect if you ask me. Perhaps they don't have the sticker as posted, or it is unreadable, so used the one off the site. By the way, TM are aware of the use of the photo without permission, so I hope for their sake all is above board. sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 5 Apr - 20:16

I think the seller is a bit of a newbie and didn't think to take a pic of the base to start with and doesn't realise it's important to use their own actual pics, they said they "didn't think they needed" to take it again (and it was probably less work than getting their camera out again, etc etc!) pirat
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum