NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff)

4 posters

Go down

CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) Empty CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff)

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 14 Jul - 15:57

I'm looking for a lid for an 8 inch Cook & Serve casserole, Pioneer pattern glaze, the knob type (straight sided pot) not the crock-pot insert (tapered pot) type.

The casserole number may be 5622, as it matches the 4 inch 5620 pots.

Also, could do with a 6 inch 5621 pot as I have a lid going spare.

(added)
It looks as though I am now enjoying other patterns, including Jubilee and Colonial, and particularly in the 5620-5628 range!

Last edited by Ev on Mon 20 Nov - 9:36; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correction and added information, addition and title change)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) Empty re CL Pioneer Cook & Serve

Post  Jonno Wed 31 Jul - 17:14

Jeremy I have a 5622 Cook & Serve without lid but the my pot measures 9 1/4" OD
and the lid would need to be no more than 8 1/2" so your one must be another number?
Somewhere Ev has published a list of the sequence of numbers for these but can't find at the moment Grrrrrr!
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) Empty Re: CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff)

Post  Jeremy Ashford Wed 31 Jul - 19:46

Jonno, I have just measured a lid I do have for the "8 inch" pot (I have 3 pots, two lids) and it measures 8 1/2 inches (217mm).
The outside diameter of the pot, at the top flange is 9 1/4 inches (234mm), so I think we are talking the same pot. Can't read the number on the one in front of me.

I've just bought one that someone described as "medium", and I'm guessing their measurements were all taken on the inside.

I just call them 4, 6, and 8 inch for convenience; I should use the numbers.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) Empty Re: CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff)

Post  bopmum Fri 16 Aug - 18:06

I couldn't find the post but were you looking for this type of thing
http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/bowls-dishes/auction-627646844.htm
bopmum
bopmum

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 18 Aug - 19:09

Thanks bopmum,

very much the sort of thing I'm looking for just at the moment, as I have decided to add other patterns to my plain old Pioneer Cook & Serve cookware..

It seems everyone is short of lids for 5622s (and the other large casseroles), and I guess I am fortunate to be one lid extra in 5621.

So, while the pot in this listing fits the size, it does not fit the pattern of the lid I have.
ta.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) Empty Variations

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 22 Oct - 17:38

I've updated my 5620s etc a bit and learned a bit in the process.

All the mini-casseroles below are 5620s.
CL Pioneer Cook & Serve (+Colonial, +Jubilee Cookware, +other Pioneer-y stuff) Variat10
The Pioneer, or"pioneery" ones in the background are really just there to round out the picture but if you look closely you can get an idea how this simple glaze can offer infinite variety.
However, what this exercise is about is adding a bit of colour and pattern to the pot stacks in the kitchen.
When I got my first Jubilee 5620 I was a bit disappointed that it had a plain brown lid when the one in Val's book had a banded one. Subsequent to that I got two Jubilee 5621s, one with banded and one with brown lid. It turns out the bands on the bowls and the bowls themslves are different as well, something to do with the manufacturing I think.
In this picture are two Jubilee 5620s, both (of course) Avondale Selection. Besides the lids being different there is variation in width of the orange and brown rings. The difference in ring positions is more obvious in the two Colonial pots.
I have yet to get a Colonial with a banded lid. The mushroom or oyster coloured pot on right is marked only Cook & Serve, but has a banded lid looking as though it should sit on a Colonial pot: the two parts arrived here together, and I believe they belong together.
I'm still looking for more of these in different variations. The DO add interest to my shelves.

Link to other 5620 patterns:
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t1880-small-pot-with-lid-5620

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Tue 22 Oct - 18:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Melody Lowe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ambrosia Fri 10 Jan - 17:17

I just spotted this one on Trade Me

ambrosia

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Melody Lowe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum