NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match

4 posters

Go down

bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  Empty Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match

Post  JanPots Wed 16 Oct - 18:34

I found this sugar bowl today.. Its a bit crazy cracked but it matches my coffee pot.
The bowl is shape 1118 and the coffee pot looks like 1114 - I can't see them on the shape gallery ( but thats not the first time, I have missed something ..... I get crossed eyed looking Neutral )..
I saw a TM listing, years ago for the mugs with coffee set.. I was very tempted but my willpower was strong that week!! I regret it now..
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  01210
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  01110
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  00810
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  Empty Re: Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match

Post  mumof1 Thu 17 Oct - 7:25

Thanks so much JanPots! I have added those to the gallery
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  Empty Re: Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match

Post  Ev Thu 17 Oct - 7:39

Excellent thanks Janice, as I've been looking for the numbers for this set for years and only found the Coffee Pot number on a Trademe listing yesterday!  We have one on the site somewhere, but much to my dismay I couldn't find it.  Then you show up with one cheers These come is several colours ....
The records say:
1114 - "Bobble Base" Coffee Pot - first made in 1971 [Wow I would have thought later!!]
1115 - "Bobble Base" Coffee Pot lid
1118 - "Bobble Base" Sugar Bowl
Arghhh I can't find the cup, but hopefully it will turn up when I'm looking for something else!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Fri 18 Oct - 8:54

Hi Ev.. Glad to fill in the gaps!! , I too; saw the brown and orange version on TM mmm nice... I bought my coffee pot about 4 years ago cost $25 and I felt terrible spending so much money on a coffee pot!! Now... I spend that on a plate , Ive gone mad!!! .....Question/ponder... so 'Bobble base' I guess refers to the style like "forma" is a style .. It would be interesting to find the name of the pattern. I am planning a day trip to the Museum to go through the pattern book.. Laughing can't wait! Janice
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 18 Oct - 10:47

Yes it will have a pattern name, but it's not in the patterns book. I took photos of all the patterns last week and I'm still processing them.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Fri 18 Oct - 10:50

wow.. you are going to be a busy girl! -- If you need some help... I have a few days in a week where I can research stuff..Very Happy 
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 18 Oct - 13:15

There are many patterns that I'm not 100% sure about so please add your thoughts when I post them.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Mon 21 Oct - 7:20

A listing for the coffee pot, the sugar bowl and the creamer http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=652855006
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 21 Oct - 11:01

Its on my watchlist AGAIN!!! I keep looking at that listing.. but ... do I REALLY need it? Laughing I have run out of space to display any more jugs/coffee pots/sugar bowls etc....
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  Empty Matching Jug

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 24 Oct - 20:13

From Jim's collection this jug is unmarked but I'm sure its the matching one.
bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  Yellow10
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Thu 24 Oct - 20:39

Looks like a perfect match to me Kat! I will put it in the gallery, thank you Very Happy 
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  Empty A complete set too !

Post  mumof1 Fri 25 Oct - 8:11

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=654329285
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

bobble - Todays find (exciting for me )Sugar Bowl to match  Empty 1118 Bobble Base Sugar Basin 19.4.71

Post  JanPots Fri 26 Sep - 13:43

I bought a part set of this pattern to make up the part set that I already have....

Interestingly the sugar bowl shape 1118 are smaller in size than the one I have?
About 5mm smaller in height and 5mm smaller in diameter.
Both carry the same marking on the base -- the modelers notes would help... if we had any for that time frame LOL maybe they altered the size slightly for some "exciting" reason only known to Crown lynn workers... Razz Razz Razz

1108 shape cup as well in the same pattern
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Shapes-with-Four-Digits/Castware-Earthenware-1000-1599/1108-Mug-like-1105-15271-pic_5271.htm
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum