NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now .....

2 posters

Go down

Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... Empty Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now .....

Post  Ev Thu 24 Oct - 13:24

Traders on Trademe are well known for matching up any old cups and saucers and plates and people swallow it all not knowing any different, but as I'm a nerdy geek I like to know what really goes with what!  JanPots [Janice] is keen to find out about the saucers too and with the new info from the Museum Patterns book it should make some of this research easier.  I had a look through my saucer stash and found that I had about 10 different shapes at least.  A quick look through the records show a minimum of around 25 saucer shapes, but some of these are the same shapes, but the three digit numbers have been replaced with four digit numbers if you get my gist.  Also the vitrified shapes have different numbers to the earthenware same shape saucers.......

Lets start with one we will all know -

The 805 saucer goes with the 781 tulip cups and the 3019 [shape 25] cups.  The 805 saucer became 4058 when four digit numbers came it ....!
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... 80510

The vitrified version of the 805 is shape 739 -
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... 73910

Another familiar one is the 792 coffee can saucer that goes with the 782 coffee cans like Mogambo, Napoli etc and these have a wide well for the coffee can.
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... 79210

The Apollo saucer 4019 with it's ribbed rim is another common one and goes with the 3024 Apollo cup.
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... 401910

The 4029 saucer goes with the 3038 straight sided mug that has a 'squashed' handle.
These were first made in June 1975 go this gives a time frame for patterns that use these shapes.
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... 402910Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... 3038_a10

The Forma saucer is shape 4030 and can accommodate two different cup bases.
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... Impres10

The saucer for the Modello Collection - Milano, Nouveau, Florence etc is the deep well saucer shape 4071 and the cup that fits is a 3078.
Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... 407110

That's a start and I will continue when time permits.

Last edited by Ev on Fri 25 Oct - 20:49; edited 2 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now ..... Empty Re: Moving onto Crown Lynn Saucer Shapes now .....

Post  JanPots Thu 24 Oct - 19:54

Silently smirking.... yes I too want to get the cup and saucer correct... good start Ev, I might get to the musuem next week, cant wait to see the pattern book .....
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum