NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046

5 posters

Go down

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 Empty Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046

Post  Ev Sun 24 Nov - 17:47

It has a definite rolled rim ...... I should be able to find that glaze in the Patterns book when I have time to waste.  It has that Clover glaze background.

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 New_cu10

Made in New Zealand on the base -
Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 New_cu11

Last edited by Ev on Mon 23 Jul - 8:29; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 Empty Re: Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046

Post  Maryr Sun 24 Nov - 17:50

Cripes that's an odd one...
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 Empty Re: Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046

Post  Ev Sun 24 Nov - 18:06

Cripes from me too, as the first pattern in the Patterns Book is this one!
Unfortunately I have to work out which colour this is glazed in and it's background is Clover Yay!
Is it Tan?  Or Chestnut?  Or Brown?  Or Honey?  
I know it's not Black, or Blue or Yellow or Green which this pattern has as variations of colours.
The interesting thing is that it has all of the Rimmed shaped numbers for saucer, side plate, bowl etc etc.
But the matching cups are 3038 which we know is the can shape with the squashed handle AND it also had 3046 cups!  Is this a 3046?  I will have to check out all of the Patterns book to see if there are any other patterns that have this cup number.

I'm adding the Ring Series pattern for a short time ....

Damn it I call those bands of colour ORANGE ..... what do you call them ?

Last edited by Ev on Tue 26 Nov - 12:23; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sun 24 Nov - 18:12

I would think either chestnut or honey?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 24 Nov - 18:19

Just found that Honey is on Herald, so maybe it's chestnut..... will keep looking
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 27 Nov - 13:23

Saw a set of 6 of these in an op shop today. There was a base glaze similar to Sundowner with a contrasting gold colour over the rim and down a bit. How odd that I had never come across this shape and now they are coming out of the woodwork!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 Empty yup

Post  Jeremy Ashford Wed 27 Nov - 13:55

I think I saw a set on tm as well but didn't save.
I'll link if they pop up again.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 28 Nov - 14:03

This cup perfectly matches the last Symphony that I got, even the bands match .... though in the photo it looks like the bands are a honey colour ....

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 Sympho12
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 23 Jan - 8:55

Janice thought that the handle on this oddity is the same as the 3019 shape 25 cup and she is right.  Although the shape 25 handle is straight at the top and this one is on an angle.  So this should help with identification!

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 301910Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 Rimmed10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Thu 23 Jan - 9:35

Ev.. this is great, I can feel we are on the verge of piecing it up LOL...
I have a list of patterns using the 3046 cup from the patterns book, that's the shape that's been niggling away in the background. It says its matched up with a 4042 saucer, (so it is a coffee can base)
The three pattern are Thames Brown, Petite No. 156 and Day dream. On Day dream its written 3046 - Rim cup.
The description for a shape 3046 cup is "short straight rimmed cup"
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 23 Jan - 10:39

Took another pic for a better comparison

Another shape that I haven't come across before .... is a 3046 3019_h10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: