NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... EmptyToday at 8:48 by Ev

For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ...

3 posters

Go down

teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... Empty For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ...

Post  Ev Thu 28 Nov - 8:22

There is one listed on ebay at the moment from the Barbara's range -
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pretty-Crown-Lynn-New-Zealand-Milk-Creamer-Jug-Sugar-Bowl-Rosy-Brown-EC-/281215781159?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1120

Janice pointed out another on an Antique Rose sugar bowl here -
http://muse.aucklandmuseum.com/databases/general/Muscat/122335.detail?Ordinal=12&c_subject_search=%22crown+lynn+potteries%22&c_subject_logic=or

This unusual combination had shown up in the records and I finally hunted it out after seeing the listing on ebay.

8040 Sugar Basin Lid for 3042 or 5023/or Coaster - first made in 1978

the 3042 shape is the one used for Antique Rose [also Earthstone sugar base]
so the 5023 must be the sugar for Barbara's, which is recorded as -
5023 - Straight sided rimmed Sugar Basin - first made in 1978

The matching Crown Lynn for Barbara's jug is -
6050 - Straight sided rimmed Jug - first made in 1978
[OMG now I can find all of those other for Barbara's pieces in the records!]

Just need to find a photo of these now *hint hint Janice*

Last edited by Ev on Thu 28 Nov - 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... Empty Re: For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ...

Post  JanPots Thu 28 Nov - 11:03

The 'shade of pink' of this set I think are terrible LOL, I only bought them for the "for Barbara's " stamp. At that time I had never heard of that backstamp!
I have the jug, bowl, 3 lids/coaster.
The coaster diameter is 105mm
BTW... The sugar bowl is the same shape as my "carnaby'  sugar bowl, but the "for Barbara's " feels heavier than the other.
The last photos are an rectangle/oval dish but it has no number on the back. It measures about 105 X140 mm ( you can see the tripod marks quite clearly on this piece)
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... 01212
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... 00711
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... 01311
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... 01411
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... Empty Re: For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ...

Post  Ev Thu 28 Nov - 11:20

Brilliant thank you Janice Very Happy

The numbers are not in the vitrified ware records, but by the sound of it they have used a stronger clay similar to the cook and serve range maybe?
The Crown Lynn for Barbara's colour range was rather limited with icky pink, washy blue and plain grey, but must have been popular as there is so much of it around!
So far there are two patterns that used the sugar lid/coaster, Antique Rose and For Barbara's.  We will have to watch out for more.  They seem to be few and far between don't they.
By the way I have one of those 'sandwich trays' with a flower pattern on it, but haven't found the number for it yet.
Ev
Ev
Admin

julie.anderson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Thu 28 Nov - 11:31

'sandwich tray' LOL it would have to be a small sandwich hehehehe maybe in the date they didn't eat as much!!    Embarassed I thought it was a soap tray Embarassed Very Happy
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Thu 28 Nov - 11:34

I also have a blue/teal casserole pot The One person size - do you need a photo of that?
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 28 Nov - 11:43

Oh really? Mine is big enough for several cucmber sandwiches ..... your one may be somewhere else on the site ..... ynotbrich springs to mind, as I seem to remember her sending one similar or me to load. Check it out ....
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t3432-salt-pepper-on-a-matching-tray-courtesy-of-ynotbrich?highlight=ynotbrich
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Thu 28 Nov - 11:51

Yes... that is the size... I still think it would serve a better purpose in life as a soap tray LOL
Ahhhh.. I have the pepper pot, it is the same colour as my casserole pot and the same shape as the one on the link. I had wondered with the colour, as its not the same shade of teal as vitrified ware... I love this site, it helps put all the pieces together Very Happy 

Last edited by JanPots on Thu 28 Nov - 11:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra thought)
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 28 Nov - 13:57

Yes please to a photo of the casserole when you get time Janice.
The reason that the site works so well is because of the member contributions from all over the country.  This makes the Crown Lynn puzzle much easier to work out.  Though heck we have a lonnnnnnnnng way to go yet !!!!
I've gone through all of the records and can only see a mug 3046 mug that might belong to Barbara's - Short Straight rimmed Cup - first made 14.4.78
So perhaps they used other shapes for the casseroles, salt and pepper, little tray, plates  etc that were already in production.  Until I can get my hands on some I have no idea.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... Empty Barbara's teapot

Post  Maryr Fri 29 Nov - 10:36

It has the standard 'Crown Lynn for Barbara's' mark and it's the same shape and size as another I have in Topaz. I have also seen on TradeMe a sort of soufflé dish in this range. A pity my teapot is the mud brown Barbara's colour - there is a lovely turquoise in this range.

teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... X_barb10
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 11 Dec - 14:41

This is the mini casserole pot - I have added a cup to the photo for a size indication. Does this help with the "shape " collection "For Barbara's" ..
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... 00412
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... 00712
teapot - For Barbara's Sugar bowl with flat lid/or coaster ... 00614
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 11 Dec - 14:46

Thanks Janice, I just paid $8 for a little one like this with a pink lid and cherry blossom decal on the side. Can't work out what shape number it is as I need the correct terminology. I will find it one day!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 21 Dec - 18:23

Hi Ev..
Have a look at this TM listing, it shows a flat plate, looks like the pink one that has the salt & pepper sitting on it - Does that help with the shape & number?
The listing says its Crown Lynn pat no 616
http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/bowls-dishes/auction-677151202.htm
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 21 Dec - 18:38

Gosh I have one of those Air Nz little plates ..... I think they served a bread roll on them didn't they?  No it doesn't help me with the shape number..... : ( We should already have that pattern in the Patterns Gallery.  I can't find this shape in the records though I'm going to the Museum after Xmas and will be gathering more records so lets keep our fingers crossed.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 20 Sep - 7:13

Looking at this again after 5 years, the only piece that is correct is the Coaster which is Shape 8040 and this is also a lid for the 5023 sugar and the 3042 Forma sugar.

We are still looking for the 5023 Straight sided rimmed sugar basin and the 6050 Straight Sided Rimmed Jug.

Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum