NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Waifs and Strays - including mini vases

+2
Ev
HeatherT
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Empty Re: Waifs and Strays - including mini vases

Post  Ev Tue 4 Aug - 12:28

424 looks correct Heather
425 does too
Just need two others to agree so that we can put them into the gallery pirat
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Empty Crown Lynn shape 424

Post  Ev Wed 25 Nov - 18:38

Picked this up today and seeing it in 3D makes it easy to identify the shape..... 424
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 42410
The three 'ridges' match the museum drawing.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Empty Re: Waifs and Strays - including mini vases

Post  Ev Sun 27 Jan - 9:12

Thanks to Kat & Co for sending these fabulous photos of two of the 3 in 1 Miniature Vases to the site, as I'm hoping this will get this discussion going again with some conclusions.

Kat & Co says this shape is a possible 425 shape -
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 425_po10

This one possibly shape 428 -
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 428_po10

This photo shows the bases of the two mini vases above .... none of this series of mini vases were numbered or backstamped that I know of ....
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 425_4210
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 27 Jan - 10:08

Just want to post the Museum drawings in here for comparison ....
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 423_mu10
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 424_mu10
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 425_mu10
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 426_or10
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 428_mu10

That 423 shape looks so much like Kat & Co's poss 428 scratch
The 425 shape looks like a match to me with Kat & Co's little red vase ......

Edits to say that what we have in the gallery as a 423 shape, looks like the 428 shape! Oh now we are getting close to solving this ..... just need some confirmation people!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 28 Jan - 8:36

Kat & Co have confirmed that her two mini vases are 423 and 425 so into the Gallery they go. Thanks so much Kat as this lot have now been sorted cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Mon 28 Jan - 17:26

mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Dsc03910
so do you know the numbers of these ones please? The 2nd is a 425 and the 4th a 423 maybe, but the 1st and 3rd (426?)?

Last edited by mumof1 on Mon 28 Jan - 17:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : detail)
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 28 Jan - 17:59

Heheeee the 3rd is 426 .... can't see the 1st one in that lot in the gallery.... must be elsewhere???
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 30 Jan - 12:34

The first vase is the same as the first one on HeatherT's original post on page one, but the colours are backwards, and from reading, there was no conclusion on that one?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 3 Oct - 18:52

I must have picked up a 426 little miniature vase at least half a dozen times in the last many weeks and I found it attractive in every way ..... it came to me in the middle of the night that it was Crown Lynn!! Got it today and how tiny is it ..... very at 2 and five eighths inches! It could be used for violets perhaps - can't think of anything else atm ...
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 9 Oct - 12:38

A couple of years on & no more random mini shapes sofar known & since we have no museum pic for shape 427 ... & probably it is a mini vase shape...I propose that this one last unidentified mini vase shape is 427..?
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Mini_v10
this would be it in sequence with mini vases 425, 426, my 427 & 428
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Mini_v11
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Oct - 15:42

Yes I believe that you are correct Kat and with add it to the Gallery.
Thank you !!!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Thu 9 Oct - 17:18

I am adding this note to remind me to add px when I can. I have a few wee vases in these shapes with flat dry base. I took one to Tom Clark who said not his as they always had a foot ring... but then there are the egg cups so thats not strictly true is it. I am doing nana duty so might be a few days before I can take px.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Oct - 19:37

I have a feeling that all of these littlies have a flat base with no footring ..... I will check out mine.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 9 Oct - 19:59

No foot ring but my red one above does have glaze on base, but these are CL if we have museum drawings arnt they...also these same glazes are on other numbered CL shapes..?
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Oct - 20:12

These all fit the records. There is one more that is bigger that hasn't been identified yet and I've seen it with a Titian sticker on it ....... It will show itself another day ....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Wed 15 Oct - 11:00

Here at last are pics of my mini vases. They are all 7 cm high. The one with strawberries I took to Tom Clark who said it wasn't his... as his ware always had a foot ring.  ALL of these vases have a flat base. And yes they are very similar to the museum drawings.  
There is one difference; the strawberry vase has a very distinctive slipcasting line on the base; the others don't.  As we know CL was very careful with fettling, maybe the strawberries are some other maker?  It is also possible that Tom was wrong, he was an old man when I interviewed him and these vases were made a long time ago.  
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Cl_may15

Below, base of the strawberry vasemini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Cl_may16

Below, all the vases in the same order as they appear in pic above. Unfortunately marred with felt-tip.
mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Cl_may17
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

mini - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Empty Portage Ceramics Trust Mini Vase Shards

Post  Kat & Co. Sun 28 Dec - 19:39

PCT have shards from CL site... cat
http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3384/object/490725/Collection_of_vase_shards
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum