NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Waifs and Strays - including mini vases

+2
Ev
HeatherT
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Empty Re: Waifs and Strays - including mini vases

Post  Ev Thu 9 Oct - 15:42

Yes I believe that you are correct Kat and with add it to the Gallery.
Thank you !!!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Empty Re: Waifs and Strays - including mini vases

Post  Maryr Thu 9 Oct - 17:18

I am adding this note to remind me to add px when I can. I have a few wee vases in these shapes with flat dry base. I took one to Tom Clark who said not his as they always had a foot ring... but then there are the egg cups so thats not strictly true is it. I am doing nana duty so might be a few days before I can take px.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Oct - 19:37

I have a feeling that all of these littlies have a flat base with no footring ..... I will check out mine.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 9 Oct - 19:59

No foot ring but my red one above does have glaze on base, but these are CL if we have museum drawings arnt they...also these same glazes are on other numbered CL shapes..?
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Oct - 20:12

These all fit the records. There is one more that is bigger that hasn't been identified yet and I've seen it with a Titian sticker on it ....... It will show itself another day ....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Wed 15 Oct - 11:00

Here at last are pics of my mini vases. They are all 7 cm high. The one with strawberries I took to Tom Clark who said it wasn't his... as his ware always had a foot ring.  ALL of these vases have a flat base. And yes they are very similar to the museum drawings.  
There is one difference; the strawberry vase has a very distinctive slipcasting line on the base; the others don't.  As we know CL was very careful with fettling, maybe the strawberries are some other maker?  It is also possible that Tom was wrong, he was an old man when I interviewed him and these vases were made a long time ago.  
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Cl_may15

Below, base of the strawberry vaseportage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Cl_may16

Below, all the vases in the same order as they appear in pic above. Unfortunately marred with felt-tip.
portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Cl_may17
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

portage - Waifs and Strays - including mini vases - Page 2 Empty Portage Ceramics Trust Mini Vase Shards

Post  Kat & Co. Sun 28 Dec - 19:39

PCT have shards from CL site... cat
http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3384/object/490725/Collection_of_vase_shards
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum