NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern

3 posters

Go down

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern Empty Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern

Post  Maryr Wed 4 Dec - 8:02

Ev I am not sure whether these are on the gallery or not... I have looked but it gets a bit mind boggling!  Apologies for different sizes of pics, I am still coming to grips with sizing.

This is Sierra Pine on an odd speckly background. The base is completely unmarked - I am wondering if it was one of the surplus biscuit ware items from the warehouse that got rather random decorations before being sold in the seconds shops? 
 Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern X_sier10

These are two geometrics - same theme, slight differences. Both marked Genuine Ironstone.  They are both dinner plates.

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern X_plat20

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern X_plat22

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern X_plat21

And this is a bread and butter plate marked Apollo decorated with those random flowers they went in for.

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern X_plat23

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern X_plat24
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern Empty Re: Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern

Post  Ev Wed 4 Dec - 8:13

Thanks, the last two are in the No Names Gallery and I will pop the first two in there as well. The one like Sierra Pine, will have another name with that background which I don't think I've seen. Of course it could be from a trial run perhaps, but it's great to have a record even if we don't have a name.
The Patterns Gallery is overwhelming to look through now, even for me and it's only going to get worse. But as a reference resource it is amazing!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern Empty Re: Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern

Post  JanPots Sun 5 Jan - 14:35

Hi Ev
This pattern comes up as Thames Brown, Zambia Brown and Zambia Blue.. I searched around and you had already noted these, unless you are unsure about something?
Thames Brown
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Tableware-Patterns/Crown-Lynn-Patterns-with-No-NamesYet/no-name-unusual-pattern-pic_3443.htm
Zambia Brown D226
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Tableware-Patterns/Crown-Lynn-Patterns-with-No-NamesYet/geometric-with-thin-ring-band-pic_5214.htm
I have a BB in blue D227
Some odd ones more from my boxes Zambia Brown d226 + Thames Brown d153 + Zambia Blue d227 and another Sierra pine pattern 00113
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 5 Jan - 15:12

Phew, I agree that your blue coupe shape plate is Zambia Blue d227 cheers

Don't agree with the others.....
Thames Brown d153 is the rimmed shape ware and has 2 rows of that pattern more in the middle of the plate.
Zambia Brown d226 is the same as your Zambia Blue not like the one in the link to the No Names Gallery ...... as that has many more rows of pattern.

Yes I have found these very hard to identify, as shapes and rows of patterns abound ...... but finally we have your blue one Very Happy
If you see something that I don't ... please correct me as I must be blinded by all of these darn patterns.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Sun 5 Jan - 16:25

I love the way they take one theme and turn it into so many different patterns by using different colours and adding bands etc. The blue is gorgeous, never seen it before.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 2 Nov - 10:57

Returning to the 2nd Geometric pattern in brown, this auction has helped by showing the patterns on each piece having various amounts of pattern on them.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=801500586
I agree that this pattern is Zambia Brown d226 cheers

The 3rd Geometric pattern has to be Thames Brown d153 for the same reasons above and the fact that it has a Clover background, also it is on rimmed ware.  
Thanks Janice for your help here. cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum