NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyToday at 14:01 by Kotuku

» Studio ceramics " bugger mugs " plate
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyYesterday at 6:28 by JanPots

» Pottery marks
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyThu 9 May - 19:01 by Bold90s

» Neil Grant
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyThu 9 May - 12:51 by Ev

» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyWed 8 May - 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyWed 8 May - 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals

4 posters

Go down

teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Empty Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals

Post  Kat & Co. Tue 17 Dec - 9:17

Look what my neighbour found OP shopping!!!   Cool ...Last Wave... the patterns are slighly different..I havn't noticed this before with Last Wave. This is an unmarked Teapot.. Coffee Pot marked 1206? & Made in New Zealand.  cat 
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Wave_510
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Wave_410
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Wave_310
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Wave_210
teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Wave_110
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Empty Re: Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals

Post  Ev Tue 17 Dec - 12:03

That is incredible Kat!
l'm going to have to check all my pieces now.....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17742
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Empty Re: Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals

Post  Kat & Co. Tue 17 Dec - 16:16

This plate Glenys has listed is different again!..i think the pattern is about the same size, it is odd they are so different.
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t2877-devaz-greece-plate?highlight=devaz+greece
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 18 Dec - 14:40

First photo is courtesy of Glenys and is for Devaz Greece.... the other three are from my collection and the first is of a Devaz Greece bowl and it's different to Glenys' one!!

teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Last_w10teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Last_w11teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Last_w12teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Last_w13teapot - Last Wave Teapot & Coffee Pot with different decals Last_w14

Now that I see them all together I can tell that none are the same !!  Shock Horror!!
Now have to add Kat's two photos as this will make 5 different wave decals !!  
Thank you Kat!

Last edited by Ev on Mon 7 Dec - 17:40; edited 2 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 18 Dec - 16:00

Are your bowl & teapot the same they look it to me..2 & 6 ?  cat 
Why have so many I wonder...
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 18 Dec - 16:05

Yes I think you are spot on there Kat.  So that makes 5 different decals.  Maybe others will find more?  I must check out that e-book for the photo of the pattern with the girl who designed it Juliet Hawkins.

http://issuu.com/sroke/docs/book and Juliet is holding a Devaz bowl just like mine Smile

Last edited by Ev on Mon 7 Dec - 17:42; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 19 Dec - 8:48

Theres an old Last Wave advert on page 3 it has a Coffee Pot & Last Wave casserole!!, they have the different patterns too...  Smile
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 19 Dec - 8:54

Gosh I skipped over that one ...... great sleuthing Kat cat
Notice how many different variations are in that photo!

I will remove photo 6 now and hopefully we will get more to add to the montage!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 19 Dec - 9:02

Theres a pink swan on page 3 too, did CL make a pink swan?
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 19 Dec - 10:39

No they didn't, but Studio Ceramics do and Chris Harvey went on from Crown Lynn to create Studio Ceramics and made many Crown Lynn shapes. He has since sold the business, but they still make a great range of Crown Lynn shapes including the pink swan.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 23 Feb - 20:30

Gobsmacked!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 23 Feb - 21:26

Ditto
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Mon 24 Feb - 8:55

Amazing to get $300 for Coffee Pot!  Cool  Very Happy pirat 
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  unouwanit Mon 24 Feb - 9:59

Chiming in here, I think I remember a few years ago a plate on TM selling for something quite nice in this pattern.

From memory the drawcard for that plate was that the wave faced the other way altogether!

Sorry no proof now, just a memory :-)

unouwanit

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 7 Dec - 17:48

I happened to bump into Juliet Hawkins at the Crown Lynn Roadshow and couldn't think of the things that I wanted to ask her ...... Fortunately Sandra from the Portage Museum is a good friend of hers and I remembered the Last Wave surprise and asked Sandra to ask about it.
It came to pass that I emailed Juliet and she replied saying that she did redraw the wave for each plate reduction & different shapes. They never look right as just a reduction in size.
Also the original design was on the 'Forma' shape which was extremely popular on the Gold Coast & for the party plan (like Tupperware) in Greece.
Thank you Juliet cheers
The Party Plan in Greece is news to me, though I knew there were contacts there through Royal Grafton.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum