NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection

3 posters

Go down

# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Empty # 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection

Post  Jonno Fri 20 Dec - 15:42

First day on the CL trail after shifting and made a score.  Unlisted items from the Avondale Gourmet Selection from the 80's look as though they have never been used. Only the 5625 has a back stamp the little handled dish is a replica of another that I posted some time ago. I love the illustration of the jolly Falstaff Chef in the backstamp.
5625 measures 146mm Dia x 40mm, the other 222mm x 96mm x 34mm deep. Very Happy  Very Happy 
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Avonda11
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Img_3015# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Img_3016
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Img_3018
# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Img_3019

Last edited by Ev on Wed 22 Jan - 14:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add measurements)
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Empty Gourmet Selection---Cordon

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 20 Dec - 16:03

The transfers here are also known as Cordon.

For some more Cordon see:
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t2326-cordon-kitchenware-cassserole
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t2302-cordon-kitchenware-bowl-1325-for-the-gallery
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t1180-cordon-kitchenware-circa-1980

Like Last Wave, posted recently by Kat & Co., the Cordon/Gourmet Selection range transfers had many variations on a theme depending on the size of the pottery item.

For Last Wave see: http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t4387-last-wave-teapot-coffee-pot-with-different-decals?highlight=wave

Just chatter:
Oh, I was thinking I was looking at a 5627. I have a couple of 5625s which I must have picked up before going overseas, which will be why I didn't post them.
For me they are a "Tuesday", individual meat pies for my son and I. (Nicole has fish.)
I have taken a shine to this Cordon/Gourmet Selection and considered getting a bit more as I already have a Cordon milk and sugar in the Country Fair/Bobbles shape.
That's why I know about the transfers.
There has been a 5627 Gourmet Selection sitting on trademe for some months now at about $20. I'm not THAT convinced yet, but because its very useable stuff I am tempted. Mind you, I have 5627s in three Avondale Selection patterns and they are just used as de facto fruit bowls.

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Fri 20 Dec - 17:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : chat)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Empty Re: # 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection

Post  Ev Fri 20 Dec - 18:18

Thanks Jonno, we have several of these dishes floating around the site, but no number until now. The same goes for the long dish with tab handles .... no number yet, but as the 5625 was made in October 1977 I think that will help find the other number one day when I least expect it. The record description says: 5625 - Small Baker 6" and there is also a 5626 Medium Baker Pie Dish with no measurement. With a 6 as a second digit these will be Vitrified ware.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Empty Reply with quote Re: # 5625 for the four digit gallery

Post  Jonno Fri 20 Dec - 21:44

Thanks Ev & Jeremy,
So , can I presume that the unmarked lidded tray dish is also vitrified even though I presume it was made slipcasting?
The use of the same decoration on different brands is classical CL, I think the really free
style that artist used to create the kitchen scenes are quite delightful.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Empty Re: # 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 20 Dec - 22:00

Sorry Jonno, I'm just guessing. I always see this sold with ovenware so I presumed it would be too. As a rule I try to avoid putting stuff in the oven that doesn't instruct me to.

I see your ovenproof one at http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t3014-ovenproof-cookware#9344 is a slightly different shape, and may be a different material. I thought they were the same. I've not really handled these particular pieces.

Hopefully Ev will have a better answer.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

# 5625 for the four digit gallery from the Avondale Gourmet Selection Empty Re: # 5625 for the four digit gallery

Post  Jonno Sat 21 Dec - 20:28

Oh!!   Dear me,   I think I have confused the issue just a little Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

Both the new pieces I found and posted yesterday have the same backstamps which includes the word ovenware.

What I was trying to say was that the larger piece that I had previously posted has no shape number but is clearly marked ovenproof cookware. Slightly different words but both would seem to indicate to me that both are suitable for use in the oven.

Last edited by Jonno on Sat 21 Dec - 22:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum