NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries

4 posters

Go down

Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Empty Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 9 Jan - 15:43

I was stoked to find this mug.. My friend Nip has another.
I first saw hers in the 80's & thought them 1 off's but have since realised they are Titian or similar..there are no other mugs with this impressed brick pattern on the galleriies, but I recall seeing a plain brick pattern pale greyish one with a coffee Pot on Net & cannot find it now.
Nip's one is the same but has different sayings "Your never alone with schizophrenia" & "I'm a fairy my name is nuff-fairynuff"..I know of 2 examples's of her mug..
now I have another!  kwl aye!  Very Happy 
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Graffi10
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Grafit10
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Grafit11
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Graffi11

Last edited by Kat & Co. on Thu 27 Feb - 17:33; edited 1 time in total
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Empty Re: Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 9 Jan - 16:19

This is a better pic of the brick pattern also a list of initials may offer a clue?..
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Graffi12
It's "thank you for that cigarette" & " Light up with Home Grown"
It's got to be Kiwi made! LOL Very Happy
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Empty Re: Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries

Post  Cat-a-lat Thu 9 Jan - 16:36

These are classic! LOL! ALmost looks like someone's taken a vivid marker to them  Shocked
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 9 Jan - 16:43

I know!.. yet I am certain they are a Transfer now, as the other two were identical print.. Cool 
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Thu 9 Jan - 16:56

I love them, wonder what the odds are of stumbling across one.... not great I'd imagine lol!
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Jan - 17:24

Heheeee they are too cute!
I haven't seen anything in that brick textured pattern before.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 22 Jan - 7:34

i knew I'd seen this shape before,  this is a Art N Object pic I found on the collectiques site.. Dated too 1966 so these must be Titian
https://servimg.com/view/12046190/917
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 22 Jan - 7:50

Great Work Kat cheers
Yes the shape is a match and I've found it in the Art & Object catalogue for Jim Drummond's auction:
Uncommon Titian Studio pottery mug for Auckland International Airport 29/1/66 [opening]
and it sold for $50.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 22 Jan - 8:35

That date is earlier than I thought this mug would be as I was looking for the mug & coffee pot pic I have seen, I keep wondering if the pot has the brick pattern.!  Cool 
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 22 Jan - 9:02

Isn't 1966 about the time that the Brown's moved from Henderson to Takanini?
Was the coffee pot covered in the graffiti pattern too?
My other half and I and friends went to that Airport Opening which had an Air Show to celebrate the occasion ...... and it was such a big deal at the time to have an International Airport at last and it was really just a little airport by todays standards!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 22 Jan - 9:28

No graffiti just the brick pattern, I remember the Grey mug & thinking I'd held that shape in the past, it was with a coffee pot, it's been bugging me.. as it was a while ago  Evil or Very Mad 
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Empty Auckland International Airport Mug

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 27 Feb - 15:43

Jim found an Auckland International Airport Opening 1966 Mug!  Cool 
it has no marking to base.
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Ak_air10
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 27 Feb - 16:50

Excellent !!
Now is there any reason why I think this mug is already on the site .... somewhere?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 27 Feb - 17:08

Only the link above to Jim Drummonds  cat 
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 27 Feb - 17:11

Oh wow cheers for that Kat as it's things like that, that drive me insane Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Empty The other Graffitti mug

Post  Kat & Co. Sat 3 Oct - 12:53

Yay, Finally I have found the other mug.. this has been on my wishlist for eva. Cool
as far as I know there are only these two styles made..so if someone out there finds another please let me know. cat
This one says..
Death is natures way of telling you to slow down!
I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous!!
Your never alone with schitzophrenia.
were watching you so put it away
I'm a fairy my name is nuff, 'fairynuff'
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Img_3515
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Img_3516
Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Img_3517
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Shape - Graffiti Brick Wall shape Mug was made by Titian Potteries Empty Titian or Orzel?

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sat 17 Oct - 14:45

I'm wondering if the graffiti mugs might have been produced as Orzel rather than Titian.

Some pre-Crown-Lynn Titian shapes were reproduced as CL and others later as Orzel.

The size difference from the airport mug along with the glaze and general presentation suggest to me that the graffiti mugs are Orzel.
---------
11/3/17
I just picked up a Titian (unmarked) Auckland Airport mug in pristine condition from New Lynn Sallies ($3 and happy to pay) but thought it looked different from Jim's one.

On checking the photo here I see that the writing on mine is block capitals, but not only that, mine reads "MANGERE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ..." Instead of Auckland!

Photo to follow in new reply, and I will post in the gallery too, as a variant.

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Sat 11 Mar - 16:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just using the post for notes!)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 30 Oct - 10:00

Info from the Archives show that there were 6 mugs in this Graffiti range.
There are records showing Orzel/Aquila trying to sell these mugs to Australian contacts around 1980.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 30 Oct - 10:29

Some tricky housekeeping required here as we have Titian and Orzel items in the same Titian topic, but nothing in Orzel/Aquila.

Also, the graffiti mug(s) need(s) go to Orzel/Aquila gallery.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 30 Oct - 11:33

As the only piece of Titian is the Auckland International Airport mug for comparison of the shape, I will move the whole topic over to Orzel Jeremy.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Sun 30 Oct - 11:52

Excellent something to look forward too...finding 4 more graffiti mugs! Cool
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum