NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carrick Oliver coffee pot
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyToday at 8:22 by JanPots

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyToday at 7:07 by Ev

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - HELP TO ID MAKER
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyYesterday at 23:07 by Gilligee

» Newbie mark identification....
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyYesterday at 13:29 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptySat 11 May - 14:01 by Kotuku

» Studio ceramics " bugger mugs " plate
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyFri 10 May - 6:28 by JanPots

» Pottery marks
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyThu 9 May - 19:01 by Bold90s

» Neil Grant
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyThu 9 May - 12:51 by Ev

» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? EmptyWed 8 May - 7:51 by Ev

Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker?

3 posters

Go down

pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? Empty Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker?

Post  SouthBayRose Thu 30 Jan - 11:01

Hi, I have a Teapot, sugar bowl and milk jug. Really neat set.  However, I have a mystery, I'm wondering who made these items and from whereabouts they came from.  Can anyone identify the makers mark.....put me out of my canundrum lol

I also have another old mystery of a wee 2.5inch tall sitting toddler in a nappy.  I found this buried in a paddock area of an old farm.  It has a very light pink glaze. Has no hole at base.  Very light.  It shows a little wear from being buried, but still cute.  No real makers mark.  A mystery as to what it's even made of???

Last edited by SouthBayRose on Thu 30 Jan - 11:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add photo's)

SouthBayRose

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-01-30

Back to top Go down

pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? Empty Re: Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker?

Post  Ev Thu 30 Jan - 11:49

Hi SouthBayRose and welcome to the Forum Smile

If you are having trouble loading photos you can email them to the site on newzealandpottery@gmail.com and I will load them here for you.

Here is some info about loading pics ...
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t225-this-is-how-it-s-done-good-luck-d
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17746
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? Empty Re: Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker?

Post  Ev Thu 30 Jan - 12:33

Here are the photos that SouthBayRose sent to the site...

pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? R_mark10

The R mark on the teaset - which looks so familiar indeed ....
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? R_mark11

Ceramic sitting doll 2.5" x 2" across base -
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? Cerami10
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? Cerami11
pottery - Is this NZ Pottery and who would be the maker? Cerami12
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17746
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton Fri 7 Feb - 15:52

I used to have some of those blue pots, a set of coffee mugs, could never figure out who made them, think I just moved them on to an op shop. But since then new marks have come to light, could be one of those perhaps.
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthBayRose Sun 9 Feb - 22:44

TimCaulton wrote:I used to have some of those blue pots, a set of coffee mugs, could never figure out who made them, think I just moved them on to an op shop. But since then new marks have come to light, could be one of those perhaps.

Hi.. thankyou for your response. I note that in the photo's the items look blue, but infact the items are a greenish blue...or could be said to be bluish green..lol.. I have yet to find anyother pottery of the same. I would be interested if there were any to be had...

SouthBayRose

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum