NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:48 by Ev

Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers

+2
Kat & Co.
Ev
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 Empty stacking coffee cups x 3

Post  Jeremy Ashford Wed 30 Apr - 13:54

Stacking hotel coffee cups x 3cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 Stack12
Contrary to the photos these are all the same size.
1. Different handle
2. The one seen above
3. The rounded base one

I know we have seen the rounded one before but the matter of handles has not been addressed.
I wonder if number one is the "D" handle referred to in some descriptions.

These are at Coal Town Traders, Hikurangi, thanks Linda.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers

Post  Ev Wed 30 Apr - 15:11

Is that odd handle the same as the ones on those vitrified jugs of yours above Jeremy?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers

Post  Jeremy Ashford Wed 30 Apr - 16:18

Ev, on the cup the upright of the D adjacent to the body is more solid than on the jugs. The shape of the handle is pretty much the same. At this stage I have only the photos to work off.

When I first looked at the jugs in relation to the Hotel stacking stuff I presumed the difference in handles was something to do with the way they were made, that the jug handles were made with the body of the jug, but the cup handles were stick-ons.

When I looked at these cups today it was obvious the ones with the little tail were stick-ons, but less so the simple Ds, but I assumed they were. There are no 1600 cup descriptions and no cups in the 6600s either so they must be stick-on-handle 3600s.

When I was looking at them I was thinking that the middle cups were the odd ones and it wasn't til I got home an connected to the forum I realised it was the other way around.

I won't be back at Hikurangi this week unless I make a spur-of-the-moment decision to drive further North on Friday. I didn't buy them because $4 each was more than I wanted to pay for something I had no use for. So ... if you have further questions I will check them out when I can.

---------------
I see that you and Janice have both changed avatars recently. I had only just put my Cook & Serve avatar on when my boy Tomas did this cute sketch of me: I had to use it.

---------
20/8/14

In the following link I document the eggcup/mustard-pot/toothpick-holder as the first, the eggcup, although later they were sold in condiment sets as a mustard pot without lid. If these were designed originally for hotel use they would have had a lid, but for domestic use that is not an issue.

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t1553p15-unknown-glaze-this-is-actually-greenstone#20724

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Wed 20 Aug - 11:48; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Chatter)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 1 Jun - 9:49

Kat & Co. wrote:I think the salt n pepper is correct..Are these the egg cup shape?  cat 
4.5cmh x 5.5cmd
cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 Egg_cu10

I showed my one to Bruce Yallop who was a modeller at Crown Lynn and he said that yes these were hotel stacking eggcups. So the number will be 3625 cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 4 Jun - 8:41

Just a note to say that a size 7 egg fits perfectly into the above eggcup *YAY*
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 Empty Modellers drawings for stacking vitrified wares

Post  Ev Mon 22 Sep - 15:01

I noted in Mark Cleverley's book that the teapot didn't go ahead and that the saucer was used for both the teacup and the coffee cup and that's why they had double rings.

cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 14010

cups - Looking for the Stacking Hotel Vitrified ware Shape Numbers  - Page 2 14310
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 22 Sep - 15:42

The double-foot-ring locking system for stacking cup and saucer is the same as for Forma.
Forma saucers and hotel stacking saucers have the same profile.

Stacking tea and coffee cups have the same base.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 22 Sep - 16:19

Do we have the saucer number Jeremy?
Forma is earthenware so the vitrified saucer will be a different number.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 22 Sep - 17:12

I don't mean that they are from the same original like some earlier shapes. For a start the size difference is too big. There are minor differences but they are basically the same design.

I have the stacking hotel saucer as 4624:
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t5249-vitrified-cups-and-saucers-a-guide#19616
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 22 Sep - 17:51

Yes the 4624 Stacking saucer is in the gallery.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum