NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyYesterday at 14:46 by JanPots

» Glen Beattie
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyYesterday at 11:32 by Ev

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyYesterday at 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand"

2 posters

Go down

zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" Empty Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand"

Post  bartygeeble Wed 26 Mar - 15:14

Seeking information, sherds of pottery featuring a heraldic crest flanked by a Maori warrior and moa, with the words "Advance New Zealand" underneath. At least 5 dinner plates and a mug. From a site in the dress circle of central Nelson, dated 1860's to 1880's from associated black bottle glass. It does not appear to be an official crest. No maker's mark on the pieces recovered.

see photos and discussion at this site: https://www.facebook.com/groups/20919641600/

Last edited by bartygeeble on Thu 27 Mar - 9:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link to facebook site to see photos)

bartygeeble

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Back to top Go down

zealand - Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand" Empty Re: Heraldic crest with Maori warrior and moa "Advance New Zealand"

Post  mumof1 Thu 27 Mar - 7:03

Hi Deb, Those do indeed look very old, but I am afraid I personally can't help you with the pieces. I would think that 'Advance New Zealand' would be a motto for an organisation like the armed forces or similar, or perhaps an early government department. The shape of the plate would indicate that this may be printed on English china, like Grindly or similar. I wonder if the Nelson Provincial Museum might be of assistance to you.
Could I also suggest that you edit the post, and replace the pictures with just the facebook link to make it easier for our other members to view the photos, as one of them may be able to help.  sunny 
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum