NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyYesterday at 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyYesterday at 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !!

2 posters

Go down

silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! Empty Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !!

Post  Ev Thu 3 Apr - 15:26

Old adverts from 1961 to 1964 have Silver Oak listed several times and it looks exactly like one of the all time favourite patterns that we call Vintage.  
Here is one of the adverts from circa 1962, check out the lower right pattern -

Photo no longer available.

There is a pattern called Vintage in these old adverts, but it looks just like Regal Rose!!  By 1965 it has had it's name changed to Regal Rose, see top right !!!

Photo no longer available.

If these patterns turn up with these names attributed to them, we will know why.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17740
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! Empty Re: Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !!

Post  JanPots Mon 16 Jun - 9:49

Silver Oak = Similar to Vintage pattern on grey Fabrique background
Ev what pattern number have you got from the museum newspaper adverts, I lost my photos when my Pc Crashed - looks like 806?
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! 00510
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! 00410
And rose looking pattern is "" Vintage""  !
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! 00110
silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! 00810
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2112
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

silver - Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !! Empty Re: Vintage was once named Silver Oak and Regal Rose was called Vintage !!

Post  Ev Mon 16 Jun - 10:11

wooHoooooooo you have sorted this one out haven't you Janice cheers
I noticed that you had won these and was holding my breath for you to post them Smile

The Silver Oak that looks like Vintage has the fabrique background that you can't see in those cuttings at the Museum. I don't have a number for it so will go with the 806 as you suggest.
The Vintage that looks like Regal Rose is without the fabrique background.
Fantastic Awesome Marvellous !!!!

P.S I loaded the Vintage photo for you Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 16 Jun - 10:20

I also got a cup & Saucer called Dignity - with a similar wash-band edging
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Tableware-Patterns/C-D/dignity-patno684-pic_5044.htm
I need to go back to the Museum and find those old adverts again !!!! In fact I would love to spend time reading everything, there is soooo much to learn!
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2112
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 16 Jun - 10:23

All of those patterns with the soft coloured edge bands are fairly old.
Late 1950's to early 1960's going by my record keeping.
Heh I'm older and don't look as good as these old girls Wink
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum