NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China

3 posters

Go down

china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China Empty That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 25 Apr - 16:09

Trademe seller anjoy has received various watchers' opinions about this horse, which may or may not be Titian. It has no match in our gallery.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Pottery-glass/auction-721147577.htm

I have wondered about it as the glaze colours appear to be a good match for the Titian Harbour Bridge plate, which appears as in the Titian gallery as S109, and in the auction, which has just expired, as S110 (differently painted):

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Titian-Gallery/S109-pic_2921.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Pottery-glass/auction-718396058.htm

Also perhaps similar colours to T102:

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Titian-Gallery/T102-pic_2905.htm

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Wed 30 Apr - 19:51; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China Empty Re: That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China

Post  Maryr Fri 25 Apr - 18:08

Jeremy this trader has a long history of listing things that he/she hopes are CL or titian and nine times out of ten they are not. Of course I have not seen this horse close up but in my view it is more likely to be Chinese. Feel free to buy it and prove me wrong! I did buy something from this person once and it was fine.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China Empty Re: That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China

Post  haselnuss Wed 30 Apr - 9:50

Hello, The horse is made by Ocean China.china - That horse on trademe (picture added) is Ocean China Img_2010
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Wed 30 Apr - 10:52

Great info!

So, who is Ocean China and what country are they?
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Wed 30 Apr - 12:07

I have had a quick look on Google, keeping in mind that we are still on dial up and it is very slow, and have only found a couple of old expired Trade Me auctions without pictures selling Ocean China. One of them was for a 3D plaque and I don't think Titian made 3D plaques. They were described as pottery from the 50th or 60th.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum