NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

2 posters

Go down

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Empty John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

Post  Ev Sun 31 May - 8:28

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. John_s53

Last edited by Ev on Wed 10 Jul - 14:41; edited 2 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Empty Re: John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

Post  Ev Mon 8 Jul - 14:02

The pedestal vase is from the Flower Beauty range, but I don't have a four digit number for it yet. That shape also reminds me of a shape in the Wharetana Catalogue that has been decorated with Maori carvings too.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Empty John asks "Are these Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

Post  haselnuss Mon 8 Jul - 14:30

I also found the Flower Beauty international book for a $1 in a second hand shop.

On page 75 it shows 12 different Flower Beauty Fashioners. Each shape was available in brown, white and black.

John's pot is the Elevated Pot.

Once my husband has the time to take and edit photos, we will post a picture the Large Round Bowl which is also marked as Titian Studio on the base.

Last edited by haselnuss on Mon 8 Jul - 15:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change text)
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Empty Re: John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

Post  Ev Mon 8 Jul - 15:41

How interesting Haselnuss.
I have the book too thanks to TonyK who sent it to me from Oz and I have posted all of that info in the Flower Beauty Topic.
All of these shapes have Titian numbers as well, because Titian were making them for Flower Beauty before Crown Lynn took them over. I must put them into the Titian Gallery as well actually.
Yes please to a 2055 Gondola photo [Please check the number]
Plus any of the other shapes that are in the book that we don't have.
Many thanks Ev
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Empty John asks "Are these Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

Post  haselnuss Mon 8 Jul - 15:57

Sorry, I noticed that all the info was already on the Flower Beauty thread and have changed the text.
Next time I have to search the site more before I post. I was so excited about my new "find".

I checked the number for the gondola again and it is 2056. My black, white and crackle white once are not numbered and the brown one has the number which is hard to read but says 2056.

I will get my husband to take photos of the Gondola and the Large Round Bowl when we have more light.

I think the Large Flat Bowl, which is shown on page 32 but not listed again on page 75, has been posted by us on the Flower Beauty thread.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 8 Jul - 16:13

Great show indeed!
The Crown Lynn records show the 2055 to be a trough and the 2056 to be a Bowl (Irregular Triangle) so now I'm not sure though I must have seen one listed to have written it down?
I see what you mean about the Large Flat Bowl not being on page 75.
I have all of these descriptions from the records, but can't work out which is what !
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Empty Re: John asks "Are these Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

Post  haselnuss Mon 8 Jul - 17:55

You are right! My husband just checked the numbers again with his "magic torch" and he reads 8036 which would put it in the ram press category.

We measured the brown and white/black gondola's and the brown 8036 is 1cm shorter in length if that makes sense?

We will post photos tomorrow.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 8 Jul - 17:59

Fantastic as the records say :
8036 - Low Mantle Vase was 2055 cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Tue 9 Jul - 16:13

Photos as promised:

8036, 2055 Matt White, 2055 White Crackle Glaze (Titian?), Flat Round Bowl.

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Dscn6914

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Dscn6915

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Dscn6916

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Dscn7011

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Dscn6917

Last edited by haselnuss on Tue 9 Jul - 16:44; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : photos)
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 9 Jul - 20:01

Thank you so much for all of the photos today haselnuss. WOW .... just WOW!!!!
It was a great surprise to come home to .
I will load them tomorrow and add comments etc then.
So pleased to have the 2055 on the site at last Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

John asks "Is this Crown Lynn?" -  The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape. Empty Re: John asks "Are these Crown Lynn?" - The pedestal pot is a Flower Beauty shape.

Post  haselnuss Tue 9 Jul - 20:15

My husband and I tried our best to take and add the photos to the apropriate topics and I hope that I haven't started too many new topics.

We still have some other photos to take.

I love this site and think that it is important to contribute and not just use the information that others have provided already.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 10 Jul - 7:43

These photos should really be with the Flower Beauty topic and I hope I remember to do this at a later date. I've added a link to here in the Gallery for now.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum