NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptyToday at 10:20 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptyYesterday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos?

+2
Ev
Ashlee03
6 posters

Go down

glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? Empty Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos?

Post  Ashlee03 Mon 30 Jun - 12:58

Hi there,

Im a relatively new Crown Lynn colour glaze collector and just wondered if anyone had matched the 18 colours with photos, some of the names make it abit trickly to figure out the colour and I will like to start ticking off the colours I have so I know which ones I now need.
Thanks
Ashlee

Ashlee03

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? Empty Re: Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos?

Post  Ev Mon 30 Jun - 13:21

Hi Ashlee03 and welcome to the Forum Smile

We have identified 14 of the colour glazes and you can find them here in the Crown Lynn Patterns Gallery under Colour Glaze -

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Tableware-Patterns/C-D/C-D-cat_c59_0_64.htm?

We must get back to identifying more of these as there are way more than 18.
Here is a topic from when we were trying to work out the names of the 18 colour glaze colours -
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t2900-what-are-the-18-basic-colour-glaze-colours
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17730
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? Empty Re: Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos?

Post  mumof1 Mon 30 Jun - 16:25

I just took heaps of photos of different colours I have, but it is such a dull day, that the colours won't come out true, so will try again when the sun shines.
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? Dsc02115
I have 2 saucers that are different colour greys, not sure if the forma one counts, but looks like Jonnos, d00092
glaze - Has anyone been able to match all 18 Colour Glaze colours to photos? Dsc02116
There are also these 2, a mustard colour and a salmon almost, maybe coral???.
I also have 3 different greens, and a deep pink Pat 379, a South Pacific, not colour glaze marked, so may not count either.

Last edited by mumof1 on Mon 30 Jun - 16:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashlee03 Tue 1 Jul - 14:26

I have come up with 34 different colours, but some of these maybe be the same colour and im just not sure of the name.
Black
Pink
Grey
Brown
Clover (speckles)
Pale pink
Primrose (pale yellow)
Oyster
Olive green
Tango blue
Cocoa
Light grey
Strawberry
Mocha brown
Lilac
Blue
Teal
Coral
Jade
Honey
Anyique green
Rusticana
Lime
Mushroom
Duck egg
Citrus
Tropic
Rust
Yellow
Pumpkin
White
Plum
Tan
Mustard
If u could help me out on double ups etc. that would be awesome, i have no idea what colour rusticana or tropic etc is.
Thanks
Ashlee

Ashlee03

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Tue 1 Jul - 15:27

Holy Moly, that are a lot of colours!
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Tue 1 Jul - 16:57

Hi Ashlee I don't know where you live, but if you get the chance go and see Alison at the retro shop in st Kevin's arcade off karangahape rd in Auckland. She has done a huge amount of work on colour glaze and what goes with what.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 1 Jul - 18:32

Great work Ashlee cheers

How does it compare to the list compiled from Crown Lynn records .... not that we have identified them all yet, but it's another work in progress Very Happy

"Crown Lynn had names for the Colour Glaze colours..

Oyster
Teal
Clover
Pumpkin
Olive Green
Pink
Brown
Yellow
Rust
Cocoa
Citrus
Tropic
Primrose
Lime
Mushroom
Duck Egg
Ant Green
Rusticanna
Black
Coral
Jade
Honey
Tango Blue
Tangerine
Mahogany
Caramel
Maroon
Lilac
Blue
Yellow Pastel
Bronze
Cork
Marigold

If I come across any more I will add them to the list.  
Love those Crown Lynn colour names "
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17730
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Tue 1 Jul - 19:48

Paprika?
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum