NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery.

3 posters

Go down

Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. Empty Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery.

Post  haselnuss Sun 7 Sep - 11:55

Titian Pottery Country Fair. No C/L number on base.
 Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. Dscn4130

Last edited by haselnuss on Sun 7 Sep - 17:22; edited 1 time in total
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. Empty Re: Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery.

Post  Ev Sun 7 Sep - 14:06

This will be Crown Lynn haselnuss. The Country Fair range wasn't developed until 1977 and it was made at the Titian factory. Crown Lynn owned the Titian name then and could add it to their wares. The Browns had long gone by this time and I came across a few of the Country Fair modellers drawings last week in with the Crown Lynn ones.
Also in the 1978 Ceramco booklet there is a photo of the Country Fair range and the caption says "Part of the new 'Country Fair' kitchenware produced by Titian Potteries Ltd, South Auckland."
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery. Empty Re: Country Fair C/L Cheese plate and cover for gallery.

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 7 Sep - 15:11

haselnuss, you will find the numbers for these in the CL galleries. They have been worked out from the descriptions. I think they are all in castware 1000-1500, with possibly only the jugs separated out.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Sun 7 Sep - 17:21

Hi, Thank you for the info. I always thought that Titian made the County Fair first and that C/L carried on with the production. Especially because of the Titian sticker. I was so excited to have found a plate without the number. And I thought I knew a lot about Titian. We live and learn.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum