NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyTue 14 May - 16:25 by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyTue 14 May - 8:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - was made by John Ing
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyMon 13 May - 22:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyMon 13 May - 22:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyMon 13 May - 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book EmptyMon 13 May - 11:06 by Ev

Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book

2 posters

Go down

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book Empty Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book

Post  Ev Sun 7 Sep - 16:04

1010 Plaque 250mm

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book 1010_p10

1025 Small Dish 136mm dia

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book 1025_s10

1031 Base

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book 1031_b10

1032 Plate Stand

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book 1032_p10

1033 Bowl

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book 1033_b10

1042-4 Lampbase 210mm high

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book 1042-410

1043-2 Lampbase 210mm high

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book 1043-210

The bases/plate stands/bowls above are then joined as in this example in the Wharetana Catalogue -

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book Wharet10

I have seen two of these listed on Trademe over the years and nobody knew what to make of them, so now we know what they are.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book Empty Re: Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book

Post  teaandcoffee Mon 8 Sep - 11:40

Well done Ev! These and other images from the modelers' book are amazing. You have turned up a really critical piece of the Crown Lynn story here. Now, any pictures of egg cups by any chance... clown

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Lynn - Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book Empty Re: Wharetana from photos in the Crown Lynn Modellers book

Post  Ev Mon 8 Sep - 12:21

Yes I agree that all of the Crown Lynn records are important and I wanted to record these before they vanish into the woodwork like Richard Quinn's findings have, as his may as well be called hidden treasure now, locked away at some Portage Ceramic Trust hideaway.
I still have a few hundred pics to process, but I don't think there are any eggcups. I will add every shape to the site that I can identify and the rest will be used for reference purposes.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum