NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer

2 posters

Go down

zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer Empty New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer

Post  brianandjudy Tue 23 Sep - 21:19

Hello
We have a cup and saucer that has New Zealand Electricity on them and a small logo.  The back stamp on the cup is Crown Lynn Made in New Zealand Super Vitrified Ware and the number 81.  Does any one have any info on these?  I can't seem to find any info on them at all.  Thanks for your help.  confused
brianandjudy
brianandjudy

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer Empty Re: New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer

Post  Ev Wed 24 Sep - 6:54

Hi there, Crown Lynn made badged wares for an enormous amount of companies in New Zealand and Australia.  Your cup and saucer was made in 1981 and will survive forever and a day being made of supervitrified clay.
I see that Dunbar Sloane in Wellington had a set in one of their auctions -
https://www.google.co.nz/#q=%22new+zealand+electricity%22%2Bcup+and+saucer
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer Empty Re: New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer

Post  brianandjudy Wed 24 Sep - 13:19

Hi Ev
Thanks for that. We actually bought it at the Dunbar Sloane Auction in Wellington yesterday with the NZR cup & saucer (blue logo). That has number 71 on it - do you know what year it was made?

We are newbies in collecting Crown Lynn. I was given the Virginia dinner set as a wedding present in the 1970s - I got rid of most of it a few years ago and now I'm collecting it again!

My Uncle was the Managing Director at Crown Lynn and I had a wonderful chat with him when he was down in Wellington recently. Very Happy

Cheers
Judy
brianandjudy
brianandjudy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 24 Sep - 15:46

Hi Judy, The numbers on the stamp on the back of the vitrified and supervitrified ware tell you what year they were made, so 1971 will be the year of the Railway cup and saucer.
Good on you for going back to your Virginia set as it is rather unique I think.
I did the same with the set I had before we went overseas and now have sourced a full set of Herald again.
You will find many things on here to help you learn about Crown Lynn and we keep on finding new information and shapes, so it's an endless learning curve.
Which Managing Director was your Uncle?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  brianandjudy Wed 24 Sep - 19:11

Hi Ev

Thanks for the info about the year. Do you want a photo of the Electricity Cup & Saucer for your gallery. It is a sweet wee cup. We don't particularly want to keep it so might put it on Trademe.

I mislead you - my Uncle was't Managing Director but he was General Manager from 1969 to 1980. His name is Alan Topham. Do you know him? He's a lovely man.
brianandjudy
brianandjudy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 25 Sep - 6:40

Oh yes I met Alan Topham at the Crown Lynn Exhibition in Auckland and I have spoken to him on the phone a couple of times. It was Alan who confirmed that the numbers on vitrified ware were the year made.
Yes please it would be great to have your cup and saucer in the Gallery. If you have trouble posting a photo you can email it to the site on newzealandpottery@gmail.com and I will load it for you.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  brianandjudy Sun 28 Sep - 16:40

I was unable to upload the photo onto the website, so I have emailed it. We have put the cup & saucer on Trademe.
brianandjudy
brianandjudy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 28 Sep - 17:19

Thank you !

Here is the photo that brianandjudy sent to the site ..

zealand - New Zealand Electricity Cup & Saucer New_ze10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum