NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig

3 posters

Go down

Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig Empty Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig

Post  mike67 Fri 10 Oct - 10:28

I have noticed these transfers on lots of items of late. The transfer on the bobbles salt pig is on a clearly marked "Taiwan" white tall jug I have. The lollie jar looks like a 1365 but the neck could be a wider..it takes up the whole diagonal face where as the one in the gallery looks to have a smaller opening. This could be just the photo. The transfer on this is the same as the one on the Kermiko teapot in the gallery. Did CL do a whole line with these transfers?
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig Img_1938
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig Empty Re: Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 10 Oct - 11:02

Mike, see if you can take a picture of the lollie jar from the same angle as the one in the gallery. I think the centre of the photo is the centre of mass of the jar so line your camera with that then move in an out until you reproduce the gallery photo.

Whangarei Hospice put out a whole table of Kermiko a couple of weeks ago and sitting with it was the Titianware lollie jar with matching transfer, but shiny glaze and crazed.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig Empty Re: Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig

Post  mike67 Fri 10 Oct - 11:34

Thanks Jeremy..makes a difference. Looks still to have wider neck. The gallery photo might have been taken a little from the left minimising the ring. I thought this would exaggerate it at the bottom of the ring though.
Salt - Kitchen Scene Transfers On Lollie Jar and Salt Pig Img_1940
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 10 Oct - 14:28

I had a play with the one at Hospice and found I could make it look like the gallery one if I got really close. I think the gallery one is shot with a wide-angle or close-up lens. When we were at Jim's a couple of weeks ago Val, Kat and I talked about the Hospice one which is laid out on a table full of Kermiko with the same transfer and I think we all agreed it was a Titianware. The glaze was shiny, unlike the Kermiko, and it was the only piece on the table with crazing.

I was walking today so I left the iPad at home, otherwise I could have photographed the lollie jar and casserole. Next time.

--------------
Jonno's One:
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t2504-1365-titian-biscuit-barrel#7351

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Thu 16 Oct - 11:34; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Wed 15 Oct - 17:30

Are we talking about the same article?

Go to search and enter Biscuit Barrel

I no longer have the item shown but seems to be similar to the one you have posted.
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sat 22 Nov - 1:38

Mike, we MAY have identified your lollie jar.

See the discussion here:
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t5805-1454-titianware-biscuit-barrel-on-tm-new-shape#22256
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum