NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 Empty Re: Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database

Post  JanPots Tue 2 Dec - 8:12

I will have a look into this later as I need to go out soon..
Travelodge Rotorua 148  - is in the monogram gallery
Tradition 613 - Is in the musuem notes, think its a rose type pattern ( scratch ) unsure

ev wrote:Santos 503 is in the Gallery and Database, but the Database also has Santos 656, Santos Bronze 658 and Santos Brown 659.  Any idea?
would those be the "coffee bean pattern" in different colours
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database - Page 3 Empty Re: Working on the Crown Lynn Patterns Database

Post  Ev Tue 2 Dec - 19:23

Thanks Janice, I've used the other motif on the Travel Lodge Rotorua plate for the Tableware Gallery. That was made in 1968 going be the backstamp and they are rarely seen.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 1 Feb - 8:36

Ev wrote:
Colonial Brown doesn't have a number in the gallery.  Database has Colonial Brown d444 ..... could this be one and the same?

We don't have Colonial Gold 442 in the Gallery ....?  It's in the database.  I thought we found this in the Ozzie adverts ...?

The Portage have a box of Colonial Brown d440 saucers shape 4619, so this will have to be checked out to see if it's the same as what we have in the Gallery...... vitrified hmmm
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Mon 2 Feb - 9:57

Ev-
ev wrote:The Portage have a box of Colonial Brown d440 saucers shape 4619
I searched on site and can't find the saucers- have you got the link, please?

My notes.. I have D444 as Homestead which is showing plain brown on a fluted plate.
I am confused to which is which silent
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 2 Feb - 10:15

Sorry I meant to add the link -
http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3384/object/490865/Box_for_Genuine_Ironstone_dinnerware

It doesn't show the saucers, but the 4619 shape is a vitrified coupe shape with thickened rim .... I'm confused too, so this will have to be checked out when we visit the Museum.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum