NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102

4 posters

Go down

Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 Empty Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102

Post  haselnuss Sun 4 Jan - 15:29

Lovely big Aquila Made Marion signed by C B.
Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 Dscn5713

Titian Marlin S.102 with Mere back stamp.Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 Dscn5620
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 Empty Re: Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102

Post  Ev Sun 4 Jan - 15:41

Lovely thanks haselnuss Smile
I've added her to the Titian Gallery so she can join the rest of the Toby Jugs.
I think peters said that there were 16 Toby Jugs made by Titian and we are now up to 13.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Aquila - Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102 Empty Re: Aquila Maid Marion and Titian Marlin S.102

Post  haselnuss Sun 4 Jan - 15:51

I am pretty sure that they also made an early Montgomery and Churchill toby. Also some type of Monk jug or toby.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  peters Sun 18 Jan - 15:28

Yes there was a Montgomery. I have a later version but have only seen 1 of the early Montys at the exhibition in the Auckland museum.
Have heard of the Falstaff and Monk but never seen.
16 was a guess that may have to be revised soon.

peters

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Fri 6 May - 16:33

Haselnuss, if you see this post, can you help me? Was there an Aquila sticker on your Maid Marian? I am wondering why you thought it was Aquila not Titian. If she had an Aquila sticker, I need to ask the Brown family about her origins.
Thank you!
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 6 May - 16:51

There are two different sets of Toby's.
In the Titian Gallery there is a miniature set including Maid Marion.
In the Aquila Gallery there are large toby's and the Maid Marion in there is large.
Hope that helps and that info is somewhere on the site.
haselnuss will also stop by hopefully.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Fri 6 May - 16:56

Great, thank you Ev.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum