NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware

3 posters

Go down

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware Empty Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware

Post  haselnuss Sun 1 Feb - 13:42

A slim stacking cup with new GibPat Crown Lynn NZ back stamp.

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware Dscn6210
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware Empty Re: Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 1 Feb - 13:58

I don't think Gibpat's Metro series belongs with the hotel stacking series.
Round bottom stackers have appeared here but the Metro range has different handles.

What number could it be? Vit rather than stoneware I guess so 36xx.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware Empty Re: Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware

Post  Ev Sun 1 Feb - 14:18

Brilliant haselnuss, as all I had to do was put Metro into the Portage Museum site to find it ... Shape 3642

http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3384/object/486771/Cup_-_Metro_pattern

This was produced after 1984 which is the timeframe for the records that we have and there will be plenty more shapes to come in those 5 years of missing records.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Sun 1 Feb - 14:20

That is so great! I found it for 20cents and 5 minutes before closing in a second hand shop in Otaki. The shape of the handle made my purchase it.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Mon 2 Feb - 9:32

Ev, The back stamp on this cup is different to the GibPat Metro one already in the gallery.

This one has NZ printed on the base and the one in the gallery says New Zealand.

Should it go in the back stamp gallery?
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 2 Feb - 9:36

Yes I did notice that and hadn't decided what to do, but the Modellers notes say that the Metro range was made in 1989 so it may be one of the last stamps they made, so I will add it thanks.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 2 Feb - 11:30

The Portage site give the dates for the Metro range as 1985 to 1989, so I will change the backstamp date to that.

Here are the Modellers drawings of the Metro Ware, note that there is a salt and pepper and a soup bowl that we don't have yet as well as the jug.

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware 325_me10

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware 326_me10

Is this a new stacking cup shape? New backstamp. Gibpat Metro Ware 327_me10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Mon 2 Feb - 12:42

The 1060 white vase in the gallery is the Metro vase from the modelers drawings .

http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3384/object/491569/Bud_vase_-_Metro_pattern
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 2 Feb - 12:51

Yes I got the number from the Portage site for Heather's Metro vase and it's 1690 with the second number being a 6 we know it is vitrified for hotel use and the like.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Mon 2 Feb - 13:51

And now there is a Metro GibPat 1060 listed on Trade Me including the Metro in the back stamp.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/vases/auction-839982250.htm
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum