NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptyToday at 10:20 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptyYesterday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern!

2 posters

Go down

glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! Empty No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern!

Post  Ev Thu 5 Feb - 17:58

I've been looking for this pattern ever since we began this site and I saw one plate at a Vintage Fair for $25 and turned my nose up at it. However there has been many a day that I rued that decision ..... until I saw a piece listed on TradeMe and using Bidbud to help me, I won it for $5.50 cheers
Now the reason why this pattern is so important to me is that we bought this dinnerset for MIL in the 1970's from Farmers in Otara and she fell in love with it. Though 7 years ago she couldn't find one piece, so I just had to find one and here it is. The pattern is raised and it us under the honey glaze, so would not be ruined like Charmaine which is on top of the glaze. It's just beautiful and it doesn't have any markings on the base. I seem to recall that the cups were shape 25 ..... ?

glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! Honey_14

Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17730
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! Empty Re: No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern!

Post  Ev Thu 19 Feb - 19:10

While checking the Database, I found Charmaine d838 which we haven't found yet and I wonder if that is the name of this pattern ......?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

glaze - No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern! Empty Re: No Namer like Charmaine, but with a honey glaze over the pattern!

Post  JanPots Fri 20 Feb - 8:26

JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 20 Feb - 10:20

Haha, well that blows that theory now doesn't it.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum