NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape.

Go down

plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. Empty Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape.

Post  Ev Thu 26 Feb - 11:09

While in Auckland yesterday I called into Alison Reid's shop in St Kevin's Arcade and she showed me two of these most unusual plates.  They are in the Coupe shallow shape unlike Frisco which is on the Forma shape.  The glaze is a shade of maroon that I've never seen before and the pattern which is just like Frisco is markedly raised and quite rough.  It is the usual 26cm across for a dinner plate.  Personally I think it is magnificent, which may be because I've never seen it before.  I had to get one of course ...>?<
The base doesn't have a backstamp, but does have a blue cross that cuts through the glaze and is rough to touch.  Check it out !!

plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. Like_f10

plate - Obviously a test plate with the Frisco pattern on the Coupe shape. Like_f11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum