NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile

3 posters

Go down

From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  Empty From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile

Post  Wembley ware Mon 23 Mar - 4:22

Could EV and Jeremy please contact me and possibly forward there emails to me  iam a member of the Wembley ware club here in perth and wish to talk to you with regards to Bristile & Crown Lynn look forward to speaking with you both
Thanks Brad

Wembley ware

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  Empty Re: From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile

Post  Ev Mon 23 Mar - 7:37

Thanks Brad, I've sent an email to you.  Cheers Ev

Edits to add a link to the Bristle Gallery from the Crown Lynn records ...

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Shapes-with-Four-Digits/Bristile-Vitrified-Ware-7600-7670/Bristile-Vitrified-Ware-7600-7670-cat_c69.htm

Last edited by Ev on Mon 23 Mar - 9:43; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  Empty Re: From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 23 Mar - 9:09

Brad, I understand Derek has already sent you my email.

I'm pleased you've found us. I have no other information at this stage than what I have posted on this forum and what I emailed to yours yesterday.

Further to that, here is a link for search results for Bristile from NZ Museums:
http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/esearch/all?q=Bristile

Once you have posted on a topic on this forum you should receive an automatic email when a reply comes in.

Now Ev has connected with you I will leave you in her safe hands.

Jeremy
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  Empty From Brad re Bristile crown link

Post  Wembley ware Thu 2 Apr - 2:13

Iam still looking into the link between Bristile and crown lynn I have sent a number emails off to a number of different areas departments here in Australia will keep you updated and let you all know my finding thanks Brad

Wembley ware

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 8 Apr - 6:51

Brad has sent an intensive reply to the site and I will post it for him........

"I am unable to log back into newzealandpottery forgot log in details but here is the information and happy for you to post

My findings on crown Lynn and Bristile ever becoming business partners is that this did not happen. My belief is that crown Lynn where a huge pottery company having multiple branches throughout the world it is very impressive .
Crown Lynn did come to Australia but at no time did they buy into or become partners with Bristile . I believe the only link is that is that Gibson Patterson were a distribution company/wholesale company and that they sold both company's products/items. I did follow up with ASIC Australian Securities and Investments Commission and did research all business names to see what each company owned and it returned nothing I also contacted state library Victoria . Below is a reply from the state library of Victoria melbourne Australia
I hope this helps and if my findings are in any way wrong please contact me with your information/ documents
Thanks Brad

Our response is:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Crown Lynn/Bristile/Gibsons and Paterson.

Crown Lynn does not appear in the business database, Morningstar DatAnalysis Premium, subscribed to by the State Library Victoria. However, it does appear in the ASIC business names register. You can search ASIC Connect here, https://asicconnect.asic.gov.au/ (click on Search registers on the left-hand side). Its Australian Company Number is 004 507 368, and it’s listed as a deregistered company. A request for historical information attracts a charge of $19. Please contact ASIC if you wish to proceed.

A similar search for Bristile results in 26 hits, several of which are most likely not relevant to you, e.g. Bristile (Indonesia), Bristile (Asia) and Bristile Esap.

Gibsons and Paterson is also listed on the ASIC Names Register with 13 hits.

Bristile, the building materials manufacturer, with a listed address in Caversham, WA 6055, also appears in the Morningstar database as a delisted company. Its business summary/company history and listing details make no mention of Crown Lynn or Gibsons and Paterson. In the annual reports section of this company there are 17 documents (1985-2003) but checking through these is beyond the scope of this service.

Gibsons and Paterson is not in the Morningstar database.

Another business database we subscribe to is Company360. This lists Bristile, trading as Bristile Roofing, but I cannot find mention of Crown Lynn or Gibsons and Paterson in the information provided under headings such as “Competitors”, “Family tree”, “Summary” and “Industries”.

There is a website with information that Crown Lynn bought the company Gibsons and Paterson in 1968, but I’m sure you have seen this previously, see https://zeusindustriesdionelipivacenterprises.files.wordpress.com/2014...etc

I’m afraid I’ve not been able to establish further links between the companies you mentioned but suggest you make contact with ASIC.

Kind regards
Mew."
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 8 Apr - 7:40

This is on my list to research when the Crown Lynn Portage Ceramic Museum opens, just in case there is any info there other than what we already know, which is that a range of vitrified ware was made in the 1980's with the title Bristile Vitrified Ware.
Their reference to a Bristile vitrified ware bowl made in Australia is the main concern, as it has a Crown Lynn shape number ...

http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3384/object/486802/Sugar_bowl_-_bisque
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Wed 8 Apr - 8:51

Brad, we do tend to use "Crown Lynn" generically to refer to both the company and the pottery even though we know that before 1948 the company was Ambrico (or the full name thereof), and in later years it was Ceramco. A relationship with Bristile would likely have been under the Ceramco name.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  Empty Re back stamp

Post  Wembley ware Wed 8 Apr - 19:51

I believe the back stamp on the bristile bowl EV is referring to is not a crown Lynn number but just one of many back stamps Bristile I do have a photo of a back stamp if someone informs how to upload
Thanks Brad

Wembley ware

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 9 Apr - 6:37

Brad sent a photo of the Bristile backstamp to me so I will load it for him.

From Brad in Western Australia regarding Bristile  Bristi10

I'm now convinced that the sugar bowl in the Portage Museum is a piece made by Bristile that Richard Quinn added to his collection. How did they come up with a Crown Lynn number for it? I don't have an answer for that.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum