NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery

3 posters

Go down

I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery Empty I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery

Post  Cat-a-lat Wed 15 Apr - 18:23

I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery Cam01511
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery Empty Re: I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery

Post  Ev Thu 16 Apr - 7:16

I'm not sure if this large mug is the same.  It appears to me to be smaller, but I didn't take measurements because I didn't buy it.

I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery Orzel_10I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery Orzel_11

We don't have the large jug from this series though and I will add it to the Gallery.
There is an elegant storage jar in the gallery from this lovely series too.

I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery Elegan10

Last edited by Ev on Thu 16 Apr - 7:56; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery Empty Re: I don't think we have this tall orzel jug and tankard in the gallery

Post  Cat-a-lat Thu 16 Apr - 7:31

Going by the size of the sticker in relation to the size of the mug, I would say 'my' one (I didn't buy or measure either) is taller, I do remember it as being unusually tall (it was back around Christmas time). The only thing that would really mess this theory up is if they had different sizes of sticker lol
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 16 Apr - 7:35

Thanks Cat. The one I saw was taller than your average mug, but not overly tall, so I will add your one to the Gallery. If someone puts us right we can always remove it such is the joy of having a site like this Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Thu 16 Apr - 7:39

Yep lol the different angles of the photos does make it difficult to compare accurately - and I was so careful to get an exact side on photo too lol Smile
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 16 Apr - 7:57

I've put them both side by side above and there definitely looks like a size difference.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 16 Apr - 8:43

My similar Orzel tankard mugs are just 10cm high and the lower set of rings is right at the bottom where those on the new one are at handle height. New shape.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum