NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP.

2 posters

Go down

mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. Empty A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP.

Post  Ev Sun 3 May - 18:37

A very moving memorial for Peter Stichbury was held at ASP today.
Too many potters there to poke a stick at, actually around 200 to be precise.
So many spoke with their hearts on their sleeves of the integrity and professionalism of a man with many hats.  So humble yet so incredibly powerful. Thank you for everything Peter.  Your pots are your legacy for us to enjoy while we have the privilege to look after them.  Our Master Potter ....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. Empty Potter's mark

Post  Blogger Mon 27 Feb - 19:26

Hi Ev,
You contacted me back in July of last year regarding a mark you thought may have belonged to Philippa, Peter Stichbury's eldest daughter. You have no doubt found an answer by now. Sincere apologies on my part. I've been relocating to Canada since we last were in contact, with deceased estates and building and landscaping in the mix, but there's really no excuse. Philippa got back to me pretty much straight away to say she didn't recognise the mark. Here's her reply:

No, those pots are not mine- I did have a ‘P’ as part of my seal but my salt pigs had a rim on the front opening. I looked on the potters mark registry but couldn’t see any mark like that. also wrong shape and glaze colour- amazing how you remember after all those years. Still do a bit of clay work- but hand building rather than wheel work.

Sorry we weren't able to help but trust all your other endeavours are successful and that this reply finds you.
If you'd like a direct contact, mine is saintelmo2785@gmail.com.

All the very best and thanks again for getting me those small butter dishes of Peter's last year. Much appreciated.
Amanda

Blogger

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. Empty Re: A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP.

Post  Ev Mon 27 Feb - 19:39

Thanks Amanda as we still don't know who that mark belongs to.
Also thanks to you for making it possible to meet up with Diane to give your dishes to.
She opened them up straight away to confirm that they were made by Peter, which I found quite special.
Take care over in that part of the world.
Cheers Ev
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

mark - A Memorial for Peter Stichbury was held today at ASP. Empty Cheers

Post  Blogger Mon 27 Feb - 19:45

👍🏼