NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug?

4 posters

Go down

Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? Empty Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug?

Post  Ev Thu 2 Jul - 16:45

Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? Empty Re: Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug?

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 2 Jul - 17:34

Sadly not, Ev.
It is a 1211 Patch Motif mug:

https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t1474-two-coffee-mugs-from-marcus-1211-and-1224#3984

You had me going there.
Posted from Riga, Latvia.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug? Empty Re: Is the middle mug the 1186 Splash Pattern Coffee Mug?

Post  Ev Thu 2 Jul - 17:49

I got me going too. Though I don't think that mug was even included in the auction.
Waves to you Jeremy as I don't even know where Latvia is :wave:
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 2 Jul - 18:06

Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are three Baltic States annexed by the USSR sometime round WWII. Regained independence 1991. Above Germany, below Finland and Sweden.

Hotel and airport wifi is handy for staying connected but I couldn't connect to my email at Shanghai because google is forbidden in China. Facebook also. My boy Tomas explained that to me.

9AM. Just waiting for the antique shops to open. It's very hot out. I'm going to sweat.
Sun set last night at 11 and rose this morning at 3. I was in Helsinki 15 years ago and it didn't get dark until 1am. When we get to Norway I'm expecting maybe 2 hours of nighttime.

Yes, after my initial excitement I too saw that the auction were for the two on the right.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Fri 3 Jul - 11:53

I don't think your gonna find much CL over there m8! but you never know... Razz
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Fri 3 Jul - 18:51

sounds like a very exciting trip Jeremy, I hope you find lots of goodies Cool enjoy ....
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum