Latest topics

Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous?

Go down

Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Empty Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous?

Post  mike67 on Sat 25 Jul - 17:55

I picked up lots of pottery at a church garage sale today. This is impressed Wanganui on a few of the pieces but with no other identifying mark. Any ideas?? My partner likes pink!!!
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6910
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6911

At the same garage sale I was paying for 4 Wayne Porteous yellow conical coffee mugs that I have a few in green and blues and the women taking the money said my brother in law made those. I immediately thought blow, they are not what I thought...I asked who her brother in law and she said Wayne Porteous. As I was leaving she came back with 2 other mugs that she said were his as well. I am not sure if she was completely right as I can see a WP in the mark below but it could look more like a MJ. Does anyone recognise the mark?
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6912
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6913
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Empty Re: Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous?

Post  Ev on Sun 26 Jul - 8:47

We have two marks of Wayne Porteous in the Potters Marks Gallery and neither look like this one, though I guess he could have more than 2 ....?
I agree with you that the mark most likely is an MJ.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 14217
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://www.newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum