Latest topics
» Hemara "Cera Rose" vase
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptyThu 23 May - 15:21 by Maryr

» Crown Lynn Swan 2147
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptyMon 20 May - 17:39 by Ev

» Pottery teapot is by Gyan Daniel Wall from Oz
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptySun 19 May - 19:53 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi Railway cup shape Tangerine
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptyFri 17 May - 7:21 by JanPots

» Catherine Anselmi Railway cup shape . Philippa
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptyFri 17 May - 7:06 by JanPots

» Like Hampton, but on a Fabrique background
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptyThu 16 May - 18:47 by JanPots

» The fabulous Maui plaque
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptyWed 15 May - 11:23 by minceandcheese

» Pink roses is called Gay Rose
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptyMon 13 May - 13:57 by Ev

» Intercontinental hotel pattern
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery EmptySun 12 May - 9:35 by JanPots

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery

Go down

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Empty Flaire New Zealand

Post  Ev on Sun 8 Jun - 15:22

This pottery made heaps of vases and at last I found one that didn't cost the earth.  
There is just a sticker to show who made it, which would be easily lost when washing the vase. The piece is extremely thin, which would be a tell tale signature of the maker I feel.

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Flaire10

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Flaire11
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 14135
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://www.newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Empty Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery

Post  Maryr on Wed 23 Sep - 16:05

I love this vase. 24.5 cm high. It is decorated in a matt finish. Looks like paint rather than glaze, but I am not sure. Somewhere I have a pic of another one by the same maker; it was very ho-hum so I just snapped a pic on my phone.
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Flaire10Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Flaire11Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Flaire12

Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Empty Re: Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery

Post  Maryr on Thu 24 Sep - 7:36

Wow. Ev. Thank you for adding my vase to yours. I love the fat version!
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Empty Re: Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery

Post  Ev on Thu 24 Sep - 7:39

The glaze is very unusual as it has texture.
I want to use the word 'flocking' but I don't really know if it is that or not ....?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 14135
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://www.newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr on Thu 24 Sep - 16:17

Hmm flocking.. I am not conversant with the finer terminology for glazes. Hopefully someone will know. Meanwhile here is my other pic, some carefully graduated spraying of colour but it didn't rock my boat so I left it in the shop. Both Flaire vases I have seen have these black felt spots on the base.
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Flaire13Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Flaire14
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Empty Flaire Heron

Post  mumof1 on Fri 26 Aug - 14:16

Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Dsc02810
I was listing this wee statue of a heron today, (I just have to clear out some of my pottery so I have room for my CL Twisted Evil ) and realised I have not shared it. It is 195mm high, has a very matt finish and has a chocolate and copper spray on the wings, reminds me a little of Salisbury.
Very cool Flaire vase - and sticker for gallery Dsc02811
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2191
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum